No Player Progression Mod

Homer

any of you guys would be interested in making a mod that prevents player progression? i'm keeping TC and all timers projects in mind. in such cases i would personally like to see guys remain at their current levels and not develop, grow old, and retire. would it even also be possible to stop the computer from making fake players? maybe not since from one season to the next, there's gotta be a draft. but thought i'd check anyhow.

any of you guys would be interested in making a mod that prevents player progression? i'm keeping TC and all timers projects in mind. in such cases i would personally like to see guys remain at their current levels and not develop, grow old, and retire. would it even also be possible to stop the computer from making fake players? maybe not since from one season to the next, there's gotta be a draft. but thought i'd check anyhow.

I would like to second this. All the time I am spending on this roster, I too would prefer a no progression mod. :)

the thing is those two files have several files within them. which of those files need modification and which lines in those files needed to be modified?

ill have this done for you guys within a week.

cant guarantee it will work, i think the game may require a certain amount of turnover in your league each year. but ill give it a shot. if i have issues ill post them here as well. its been a while.

Alright guys. I've attached a zip file. Just unzip the progress.big and rookie.big into the appropriate directories.

I actually dont have mvp installed on this computer so I'm asking that you guys test it out for me and give feedback. I'm expecting one of three things to happen when you are about to enter a draft in your dynasty:

1) it works perfectly

2) it crashes because i screwed something up

3) it crashes because the game doesn't like the idea of having nobody retire

I think #3 is most likely :angry: but its worth a shot.

I consider this an alpha version. If it works ill submit it to the downloads section. Otherwise I'll work on it again over the weekend.

PS: all i did was the following:

-made the probability of retiring 0 regardless of a player's age and star rating

-made the probability of a player's ratings remaining the same from one season to another 1 regardless of position, age, and star rating.

progress.zip

i simmed all the way through the season, but it appears i still get retirements. no crashes though.

Bummer. Maybe the game has a hard-coded minimum.

Was the number of retirements at least dramatically less than normal?

I can take a look at things again this weekend but probably won't be able to before then.

i have no idea. you might not believe this, but i've never played through a season. that was the first time i'd even seen the off season...

Archived