Photos Not Showing Up In Mvpedit

mjeff35

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I want to edit the skin tones on some players but when I load up the Mvpedit and the rosters, the photos are not showing up in Mvpedit. It states "photos not available". I'm loading the correct .MBE file but nothing is showing up. Is there a file or something that I need to load in order for the photos to show up? Appreciate any assistance on this matter.

In the MVPEdit Options (accessible from the main menubar), you have to select where your data folder is. MVPEdit will then look in the datamodels.big file for faces and datafrontendportrait.big file for portraits. If this is set incorrectly, you won't see faces or portraits.

Ok, I have another issue. Some of these rosters just have .dat files and not .mbe files. How do you get the photos to show up when using the .dat files? I went back into the options and selected import dat files but nothing happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

The game's roster files are .dat files and they reside in the datadatabase folder. The MBE file are ONLY used by MVPEdit. The game doesn't know anything about these files. When you make changes in MVPEdit and export the rosters, they are exported as .dat files to your datadatabase folder, assuming that you have the MVP Baseball Data Directory set correctly in the MVPEdit Tools->Options screen.

When you import .dat files, the File Open window that appears has the data folder highlighted. There are no .dat files in that folder, so nothing will happen if you just click OK. Click on the database folder and THEN click on the OK button and your rosters will be imported.

If I can add.... you don't have to import from the data/database sub-folder. The .dat files can reside anywhere and be imported. If they are residing in the database sub-folder, they become the game's default rosters.