brevard county manatees pics needed!

RAM

dont be dissin the Tees lol

But they were actually promoted pretty well when I was living there,there were alway field trips for school kid and stuff like that. I have to agree though their web site does suck lol. It does look like their wearing the Washington Nationals style unis. So if your going to "wing it" i guess just use the Nationals uni style and recolored Manatee logos.

LOL no i'm not ragging on them. i'm sure in the community they are well loved. but jeez, like 6 different people have googled images for me and lineshot was the only one to find 1 obscured shot. heck even billjames called for me and was led to nowhere. thanks for all the help guys, they will be done. maybe they'll hire me as uni designer when it's finished! :roll:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know your not raggin on them and like said I their site does suck lol. I cant wait till you make the new ones I hate those Florida Marlinesk unis...

and lineshot whats up with your brewers they swept my cubbies..... darn them!!!lol

I attended a Hammerhead/Manatees game about two weeks ago and from recollection I can tell you that the numbers are standard (no funky fonts) and are red on navy. The "Brevard" across the jersey (and it's "Brevard" only, not "Brevard County" on the jersey) is the same color scheme as the Washington Nats (red on gold on navy). Unfortunately right now I can't remember if it was a script style or a block style.

The cap is just as the one pictured, all navy.

cap.jpg

I didn't take my camera that night (I usually do and it was my son's first Minor League game so I should've had my camera, plus it was a Miguel Cabrera Hammerheads bobblehead give away night, more incentive to have taken pictures). I'll keep looking at the FSL website to see if I find anything.

Hey Ram! Found this pic. I'm thinking this is their home uni. Helps out a little, at least we can see the script. Looks like Navy lettering with gold trim. Similar to Washington's?

bilde?Site=A9&Date=20050509&Category=SPO

lineshot,

great find my man! ok so we are making a little headway. here's my plan for now. i'm going to start on the huntsville squad, then go back and add piping to nashville's homes (duh STILL can't believe i forgot that :oops: ). then probably do an add on for tacoma. if by then we haven't found any more images, i'll skip brevard for now, and start on the red sox affiliates. once enough images are compiled on the manatees, i will just have to go back and do them. i really hate having to do it this way guys, but, i'd rather do it right.

thanks so far for all the effort!!

EDIT- if you are having probs posting images use this server http://www.imgspot.com/ it will spit the bbc code out for you tags and all. just copy and paste it.

I live about 5 minutes from the stadium. If you let me know what you want specifically, I can see if I can snap some pictures (or at the very least find some more information for you). I can't guarantee when I'll be able to get to a game next (I have a "high-maintenance" 2 yr old son), but I'd be happy to help out the next time I get over there ...

Let me know ...

Dave

I live about 5 minutes from the stadium. If you let me know what you want specifically, I can see if I can snap some pictures (or at the very least find some more information for you). I can't guarantee when I'll be able to get to a game next (I have a "high-maintenance" 2 yr old son), but I'd be happy to help out the next time I get over there ...

Let me know ...

Dave

basically i need a good frontal shot of the jersey so i can see the script they use. and just a couple of general shots so i can get an overall idea on color and style. also if possible a good shot of batting practice uniforms as well. also (lol the list goes on....) if you're in the team shop, maybe a snapshot of the road jersey if they have one. maybe even a scan or something of some pics out of a game program if you have a scanner would be even easier. thanks any help here would be great!

The Brevard County website is SLOWLY..........getting pics up in the photo gallery. Here's a team shot, but unfortunately pretty far away. But it looks like it shows the home unis pretty good. They look pretty straightforward. Doesn't look like any piping down the sides of the pants.

http://www.manateesbaseball.com/coppermine...al_DCP_6518.JPG

Also, here's a pic of the mascot with what looks like the home uni on, and there looks to be a player in there with a navy blue alternate home uni????? In the one other pic earlier, it looked like they had all grey away unis, interesting..........

http://www.manateesbaseball.com/coppermine...al_DCP_6559.JPG

Man, I can't wait until you do these Manatees unis - the old ones are so ugly I can't even play with them in the game.....

cool lineshot thanks. looks like the bp or alt jersey there could be done right away, i have that logo already here. it would just be a matter of applying it to a jersey. hopefully we can get some up close shots of the home and aways. but we are getting closer. they must have just added these. i was looking over there i believe sunday or monday. their site is really a shame. looking through the team store they have mainly nationals gear. i think in a short amount of time we should have some good pics of them. hopefully by the time the sox are finished i can do the manatees new uniforms. and i will probably be doing a stars update as well on the road and bp jerseys- but that's way down the line.

Does the away jersey have a Manatee (the animal) behind the "B" in Brevard like the old jersy, or does it just have the word Brevard? Man, maybe RAM could almost make these unis????? I haven't even been able to play a game with the Manatees because the old unis are so ugly.....can't wait to see these new ones done!

• 2 weeks later...

There are a couple of not so good pics of the Manatees away unis on this website:

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery.asp?s...llery_id=186204

There is no way to link to these photos since they are on a photographers website, and he sells these photos. Photo #0149 I think it is, shows a good frontal shot of a Brevard uni in the background (1st base coach).

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto....&image_id=5

Not the greatest shot, but you can clearly see that it says "BREVARD" across the front in red capital letters, looks like a navy blue number on the front, red number on the back of the jersey, gray jersey, gray pants with no trim. They have dark navy socks and caps.

I hate to whine, but since you've already got the Brewers AAA and AA unis done....can you possibly get to the Manatees now that we've actually got a little photo of a Manatees away jersey from the front??? I enjoy playing with my minor league teams, but I just can't get myself to play with the Manatees with those ugly old unis they don't even use anymore........

Looking at all the Manatees pics we've collected so far. It looks like the white home unis have dark navy lettering with gold trim (MANATEES) and red numbers on the front. The gray away unis have red lettering with what appears to be gold trim (BREVARD) on the front with dark navy numbers. On the back of the gray away unis are red numbers. I wonder if the home white unis have a dark navy number on the back to contrast with the red number on the front??? ...........Oh who cares! I think we probably know enough about the unis by now....hopefully! 8O :roll: :wink:

sorry guys lineshot you got my pm right? ok right now not to spill my whole personal life but, i am in panic phase of looking for a new home. 20 days and counting till i have to vacate. anyone live near san antonio that's got a place on a few acres to rent? cheap?

i will return but i need a roof first. i'll be back. :twisted:

• 9 months later...

It would be great to finally get these Manatees unis updated. Their unis look so much different than their MVP unis - completely different colors, lettering, etc. I haven't found many more photos in addition to all of the ones shown above that might help the uni makers make these babies. Check out these pages:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/images/...04/i8D35EIs.jpg

Unfortunately, this is the only additional pic I've found recently. The Manatees unis really are simple - all white for home and all gray for away. Just the colors and lettering for the home and away unis really need to be added from a white or gray template. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this. If anyone else could - that would be great.

Archived