universal grass changer v1.1 UPLOADED

raindelay7

DANG, I saw this uploaded but thought it was the same thing you put out earlier. This one blows your other one out of the water. Your other changer was really good, but the freaking seem shimmering was glaring at me saying "no no, please uninstall me". So I had to go back to the Reynold's Wrap Foil Grass. Now I can't wait to try this version out man thank you so much thank you thank thank you.

Rain - THANK YOU! Seriously, I had no idea your download would make such a huge difference in my gameplay. I don't know if it's just my computer or what, but somehow the game seems to be playing hella smoother. Man, EA's original grass sucked. You did an AWESOME job with this one. THANK YOU!

Rain, nice work. The grass looks a whole lot better, if a little less realistic, but on the whole, an upgrade on EA's shimmering effort.

Thanks!

TYVM guys! ..also want to again give big thanks to Trues and paulw (without their ideas this mod never would have happened) and really everyone who contributed to the discussion about shimmering grass.

Erm... is Tropicana Field supposed to look like it does, with those big patches of light color everywhere? It has changed from v1.0, but... it looks wierd to me.

Other than that, I love it!

EDIT: BTW, I installed v1.1 right over top of v1.0 -- this is ok, right? It seems to have worked.

Dolfan, the Fieldturf at Tropicana actually does look pretty weird in real life - and guess you could say I was trying to capture some of that weirdness in my version. That said, I am not fully satisfied with the way it looks now and will be working to improve it for a future version.

Also, there should be no problem at all in installing v1.1 over top of v1.0.

The Trop's grass/turf (whatever the he** it is) looks like a mix between 1985 plush carpet and a giant Gumby Sponge. In real life, that is.

Your grass mod is a much needed improvement throughout the game. :)

• 1 month later...

I recently installed the Kaufman stadium mod, but then realized I still wanted the grass from the universal grass changer. So I download and install the universal grass changer version 1.1 and the grass at Kaufman isn't changed. So I go to look in the rar file and I can't find the grass textures for Kaufman stadium.

Now, is the Kaufman grass missing from the update, or can I just not have the low-res grass with the stadium mod?

I recently installed the Kaufman stadium mod, but then realized I still wanted the grass from the universal grass changer. So I download and install the universal grass changer version 1.1 and the grass at Kaufman isn't changed. So I go to look in the rar file and I can't find the grass textures for Kaufman stadium.

Now, is the Kaufman grass missing from the update, or can I just not have the low-res grass with the stadium mod?

just making sure my question is scene, didn't want the last comment to cover it up ...

The Kaufman grass is changed in version 1.1 - the original detl file is replaced with my "generic" detl file. The seam (the line between grass and infiled dirt) in kaufman however is not changed because the sgra file (the file that controls seam in other stadiums) is not present in kaufman.

It is strange if you are not getting any change to your grass in kaufman at all. Just to be clear, the grass was fine with version 1.1 installed, but then you installed a kaufman mod and reinstalled version 1.1 and the grass was no longer low-res?

Ok, i tried to duplicate your problem. I downloaded and installed pirate's kaufman (hope that is kaufman mod you are talking about here), and then i ran the universal grass changer 1.1....Everything worked fine for me.

Make sure you are letting the grass changer installer run all the way through...and remember that the seam between grass and infield in kaufman is not fixed by my mod. Please try running installer again and let me know if u still are having problem.

btw pirate's kaufman is awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I am a complete moron, let's just get that out there right off the bat. It turns out I didn't unzip the download contents to the main MVP folder.

Now I can enjoy the great grass mod and the great Kaufman stadium mod.

Whew!

• 2 years later...

Anyone know how to get this app to work with Vista? The installer didn't work at all orginally. Then I shut off the user accounts as someone suggested, but that just made the PNG files disappear from the data/stadium folder but the grass did not change.

I've used this app for many years on my olld pc and quite frankly, it's awesome!!! It makes a huge difference to me as far as the enjoyment of the game. The old original EA grass was not tolerable.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

CB

You might want to try the Field Changer instead. It changes the dirt and grass to low res non-shimmering textures that still have detail...

DOn't you need to have the MVP 07 app installed for that to work? I don't have that installed, and would rather try to get the universall grass changer to work? Has anyone else encounter the issue I have or have any other suggestions? I would really appreciate it.

thanks,

CB

• 2 weeks later...

I PM'd the creator of the app for some help wih my issue. Does anyone know if raindelay7 still posts here?

Can canyone tell me how to this app to work with Vista? At the suggestion of a board member, I shut off my user account settings. He said this worked for him but unfortunately it didn't work for me. Any other suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

CB

Turning off the account settings did not initally work but a fresh unisnstall and re-install of the game in addition to the turned off account settings seems to have done the trick. The new grass has been installed correctly on each of the stadiums.

Thanks for everyone's help!!!

nice work, does ne 1 know how well this would work, for the 1978 mod, when i tryed to run a field changer, once before, it changed the whole field design of the cinninati reds, diamond shape, it was weird, textures were oer lapping, over home plate, so i reinstalled it, and it was the way it should have been.?

This mod should be compatible with all the conversion mods out there, as it only changes the textures of the grass and nothing else. I applied it to the Total Classics 8 mod and everything went fine.

However, I still recommend you create backups of all your stadiums before installing it.

ok x, thx alot , ima try it out and report back to ya.

edit...

ok x, i just ran it, and it looked good, i didnt have time to test all stads yet, but i did manage to test cinninati, and the field demensions stayed the same, so looks like its a go, thx for the help bro, and thx for the mod rain good work .

Archived