Hadlock Field - AA Portland Sea Dogs

Sean O

As I posted in another thread, I've been working on the stadium for the Portland Sea Dogs, the Boston Red Sox AA affiliate, out of AA Stadium 3. To my knowledge, this will be the first park (with the possible exception of Classic Yankee Stadium for 2004) with modified wall height and location. I also oedited a good deal of other elements, and a few graphical parts.

However, that's about it. This is ridiculously rough, as I just tried to create a more-or-less realistic version of what Hadlock Field looks like, while also showing the possibilities of changing dimensions.

Due to its rough nature, if anyone would like to modify the file to include all the missing elements and half-done parts, it's completely fine by me.

Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated, but I really doubt i'll be changing this field up any further. It's all on you out there.

Also, as a note, the right-center advertising wall is not in-play, so the ball will go right through it. That wasn't a part of the wall.dat mod. And the image doesn't do it justice since it got screwed up in fraps, but Hadlock has a Jumbotron which works.

Please post to the thread if you find any invisible walls, I think there may be one between the center field edge of the monster and the lower wall.

Before and After pictures:

hadlocklf.jpg

aalf.jpg

hadlockcf.jpg

aacf.jpg

hadlockrf.jpg

aarf.jpg

So there you go, should be posted soon.

Sean

Well, I lied and made some more changes to the park, many of which are pretty small, but it cleaned everything up nicely. I moved the ads against the outfield wall closer to the collision detection, so now nothing will go right through them. I'm also pretty certain the collision detection I changed for the mini-monster is accurate, and there shouldn't be any invisible walls around the park.

I moved the forest sprites closer to the field to give it a more accurate feel, and it took me forever due to some problems, but I also moved the warning track around so it's accurate with the new dimensions.

I also added the barn in right field, with great thanks to Big O's Camden Yards texture to make it look halfway decent. Thanks man, I appreciate it:

hadlockbarn.jpg

This is a much cleaner version, and should be drastically improved over the first beta. You're still encouraged to correct the ads and any of the other graphical inaccuracies to make this completely accurate.

Question for you Sean O. I just d/l your Hadlock Field (great job by the way) and compared that wall.dat with the original wall.dat file. Correct me if I'm wrong but they appear to be exactly the same. Are you just using these as a reference point to mod in OEdit or are you actually changing the wall.dat files?

Question for you Sean O. I just d/l your Hadlock Field (great job by the way) and compared that wall.dat with the original wall.dat file. Correct me if I'm wrong but they appear to be exactly the same. Are you just using these as a reference point to mod in OEdit or are you actually changing the wall.dat files?

Hey Moto-

Uh, hmm, really not sure why that would be, since I definitely edited a bunch of entries in the wall.dat file. The easiest to see would be the y-value for the left field area, particularly in this example towards the end of the file:

3708.918701,444.521027,-228.172943

3708.918457,36.027370,-228.173279

3785.005859,-0.000003,-0.000000

where i changed the original 120-ish value (I believe) of the wall height to the 444 required for a 37' file. Frankly, it's funny how even today I can look back at what I understood about the wall.dat file and think how I didn't really know that much, since just basic familiariaty can do so much.

Helps to just plunge in and start comparing the numbers and changing stuff around; in the other wall thread I started I posted pics of my lame mod of a park with ridiculously tall walls. But it was fun and I learned a lot, and i built off of it.

Hey Sean O

How exactly do you mod the wall's height and distance? I am trying to do this for another stadium. You didn't just click and drag the vertices in OEDIT right? My ballpark needs to be perfectly symetrical and have a higher wall. Is there a way to when you select a point to type in the coordinates so that the wall can be symetrical? Thanks

Hey Sean O

How exactly do you mod the wall's height and distance? I am trying to do this for another stadium. You didn't just click and drag the vertices in OEDIT right? My ballpark needs to be perfectly symetrical and have a higher wall. Is there a way to when you select a point to type in the coordinates so that the wall can be symetrical? Thanks

I posted how to edit the wall height collision detection in this thread:

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Forums&a...pic&t=10933

In short, if you just want to raise the file, it's pretty simple to find the x and z points you want, then just raise the y-value in oedit and change it in the wall.dat file. Moving the individual point to a different location is doable, but more difficult.

Archived