20th Anniversary Dynasty: Royals Aim To Repeat 1985

sfgiantsflgators

Royals Lose Fourth Straight, Omaha Wins Fourth Straight; Markray Leads Wichita To Victory

::End of April standings and league leaders for all classes and divisions (MLB, AAA, AA, and A) posted; all categories updated through 4/30::

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5/8 + all stats updated. (Teahen hits first career homerun)

:new: breaking news: Brian Anderson relegated to bullpen for spot relief after discovery and diagnosis of a reoccuring blister on his pitching hand. No word on who will start in his spot on 5/13 - first indications point to D.J. Carrasco from triple-A Omaha.

• 2 weeks later...

Royals Now One Game From .500 - Lima Out 5 Days With Broken Nose

::been busy as hell - first time i've been home and had time to do something other than sleep for a week :coffee: got about another week of long hours (working a fireworks tent this year on top of my normal job) but once that's done then i'll be back to updating the dynasty more :wtg: ::

it's very enjoyable. the ball physics are great and are definetly more realistic, as i have had quite a few pitching gems broken up with texas leaguers and have had more realistic extra basehits in the gaps.

with spitoon's walk fix it helps about as much as you can hope for. i still don't walk hitters much but that's because i'll groove one with a 3-0, 3-1 count before i concede a walk; that still doesn't work everytime though which is nice.

all in all a hell of a job man - and anyone that might be reading this that hasn't downloaded one of kumala's datafiles yet, i'll just say that i couldn't ever play on default again - there's just no contest between the two. :wtg: :wtg:

Royals Remain Hot, Sweeney Reaches 50 RBI

::End of month standings and league leaders for all leagues (including minors) in scouting report section::

::AL All-Star voting as of 5/31::

::and, of course, all stats updated::

:new: Trade on the horizon? :new: GM Allard Baird confirmed that he is talking with the Orioles about a deal for Eli Marrero, who the Royals have been on the verge of releasing with rumors of Shane Costa being called up from Wichita.

Affeldt Ensures Giant Sweep With Arm And Bat

::with this surprising run i'm on i've decided to aim for the world series (which i had doubts of to start the season). that means i'll probably start deviating from the royals' real-time lineups - no major crazy trades or anything but i won't be sitting someone or leaving someone in the minors if they start ripping it up (or screwing it up as well) :salute: . hope that still makes it worth following for those one or two bored followers :jive:

:new: Huber To MLB; Jensen To AAA; Costa To AA; Howell, Stocker, Gomez To Single-A :new:

:new: KC trades Jarrod Patterson (3B) and Mike Tonis © to ATL for Matt Coenen (SP) and Derrick Gibson (RF). Coenen will be used in middle relief. :new:

heh, look at the start of the season - i was all kinds of bad. it's weird, since i wrote the article about Pena resigning i've won nine straight series (ten if you include the update i'm about to make). i haven't changed a thing in any aspect of the game with regards to the settings i outlined at the beginning of the dynasty (sliders, etc.) other than personnel. so your guess is as good as mine - maybe the computer got sick of kicking my *** :shrug:

i guess one balancing aspect of it is that detroit has matched my great run with one of their own and remains in first place by a game. here is a breakdown of my record so far:

April: 9-15

Before Pena resigns (4/4-5/11): 14-20

Since Pena resigns (5/12-present): 24-4

the only one hitting over .300 was Berroa before Pena's resignation and Sweeney was hitting .215 with 2 homeruns and a very low RBI total. now Sweeney is .309 with 21 HR and 62 RBI, Berroa is still on a tear, DeJesus is .294/12/26, and Lima and Greinke are a combined 14-3 on the year with 2.12 and 2.74 ERAs respectively, Greinke posting 53 strikeouts.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've got to give props to those that stick with updating their dynasties regularly. I tried it and just got burnt out. :coffee:

I've continued playing this dynasty and just finished June up. During the month I took control of first place with the Tigers still on my ***, even after a 15 game win streak that ended at the hands of the White Sox. Series wise I hadn't lost one since the series May 9th - 11th against the Blue Jays; a stretch of 13 straight series wins that ended against Minnesota in the last series of the month where they took two of three with the co-aces Lima and Greinke taking their third and second loses respectively.

I've made quite a few call ups and demotions that I can't recall and wouldn't have the time to list if I did. I did make a rather significant trade a couple days ago though that sent Runelvys Hernandez, Matt Stairs, and Ken Harvey to SF for Noah Lowry, Jesse Foppert, and Michael Tucker (they wouldn't let me have the trade until I took Tucker's salary from them). I'll probably hold on to Tucker until the off-season as he is performing well as a pinch hitter, something I'll need down the stretch.

I'm going to do my normal end of the month, league-wide stats update tomorrow for those who might be interested and it will be featured in the Scouting Report section of the dynasty manager page (link found in my signature). As for getting back on the story wagon, it's probably not going to happen soon as I am still reeling from the past write-ups. I plan on doing one for the All-Star game and more than likely for playoff games (if I hold the Tigers at bay). :wtg:

I will post a note here whenever I update stats, make a trade, etc. and will notate any significant injuries, call-ups, etc. as well. Hopefully this dynasty will still be something worth following with these changes :shrug: if not, I'll still do it anyway as one of my friends uses my dynasty as a release from "the agony of being a Royals' fan. :wall: " Poor guy...

Archived