What a game.

Yankee4Life

Just got done playing a tough one against the 1919 Chicago White Sox. It took sixteen innings, but I pulled it out 7 to 5.

Linescore

1919 ChiSox 012 001 000 000 000 1 5 17 0

1941 Yanks 002 001 100 000 000 3 7 17 0

WP: Spud Chandler

LP: Erskine Mayer

The White Sox were hitting very well at the beginning of the game off of Red Ruffing as they jumped out to a quick 3 - 0 lead. The Yankees scored two in the third thanks to a solo shot by Buddy Roser and a RBI single by Johnny Strum

Even though the Yankees were hitting White Sox starter Eddie Cicotte well, they couldn't get enough hits to knock him out of the game. The game was tied in the seventh inning thanks to a clutch single by Tommy Henrich, and that is how it stayed.

Shoeless Joe Jackson lead off the top of the 16th with a solo shot deep into the right field seats at Tiger Stadium. Spud Chandler, the game's eventual winning pitcher came on to get the final out in the inning with a runner on second to prevent any further scoring.

Phil Rizzuto lead off the bottom of the 16th with a double. He previously was 0 for 7 in the game but came through when needed the most. He advanced to third on a bunt single that brought up Joe Dimaggio against the fourth Sox pitcher of the afternoon, righthander

Erskine Mayer. The third pitch was deposited deep in the left field bleachers and the Yankees came off with a tough, but fun 7 to 5 win.

That's what this game and website is about!!

Just got done playing a tough one against the 1919 Chicago White Sox. It took sixteen innings, but I pulled it out 7 to 5.

Linescore

1919 ChiSox 012 001 000 000 000 1 5 17 0

1941 Yanks 002 001 100 000 000 3 7 17 0

WP: Spud Chandler

LP: Erskine Mayer

The White Sox were hitting very well at the beginning of the game off of Red Ruffing as they jumped out to a quick 3 - 0 lead. The Yankees scored two in the third thanks to a solo shot by Buddy Roser and a RBI single by Johnny Strum

Even though the Yankees were hitting White Sox starter Eddie Cicotte well, they couldn't get enough hits to knock him out of the game. The game was tied in the seventh inning thanks to a clutch single by Tommy Henrich, and that is how it stayed.

Shoeless Joe Jackson lead off the top of the 16th with a solo shot deep into the right field seats at Tiger Stadium. Spud Chandler, the game's eventual winning pitcher came on to get the final out in the inning with a runner on second to prevent any further scoring.

Phil Rizzuto lead off the bottom of the 16th with a double. He previously was 0 for 7 in the game but came through when needed the most. He advanced to third on a bunt single that brought up Joe Dimaggio against the fourth Sox pitcher of the afternoon, righthander

Erskine Mayer. The third pitch was deposited deep in the left field bleachers and the Yankees came off with a tough, but fun 7 to 5 win.

That's what this game and website is about!!

I agree with you 100% admin. Heck of a game!

Awesome-I love this game with all the classics-we can re-live the past and answer "what ifs" like what if Sandy Koufax faced Babe Ruth etc.-Thanks for sharing, I love to read these.

Archived