uniform mod causes crash

torement

i installed kccitystar's uniform mod version 1.0.4, and everytime i went to the

edit player screen and hit edit player the game crashed back to the desktop.

To make sure i found which mod caused it i unistalled the game, reinstalled the game, the installed the mod's i had before one by one going into the game and checking the edit player feature and it didnt crash until i installed the uniform mod. just wondering if anyone else has that prob and what should be done to correct it because i would love to be able to use that mod the uniforms look great

Try opening models.big with BIGGui, and checking that all the files are Packed(Compressed). If you find some that aren't make sure you compress them with the compress command.

DON'T "REBUILD", just compress everything thats uncompressed and "Close" the file.

Also do this for Uniforms.big, except leave the last two files in the list uncompressed.

It's actually not that hard to do because as you scroll through the files (even quite fast) the word 'no' tends to jump out at you in amongst all the yes's.

thnx i'll try that after i back the files up i didnt back them up last time which is the reason i had to reinstall the game

You shouldn't really have to reinstall the game if a .big gets messed up....you can just replace the files with the stock ones from the CD. Most of them will be found in a file called 'compressed.zip' on CD1. You just need to copy and paste that file to your desktop, unzip it into a folder and in that folder you will find most of the .big files.

i would like to appoligize to kccitystar for implying that his uni mod was the cause of my game crash after several days of non stop work i have found that it was not his mod it was bigGUI uncompressing files for no reason

Archived