Don't Scuff My White on Whites...An A's Dynasty

APR

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeh i've just noticed your getting around a minimum of 5/6 k's per starter, even with the not soo good ones.

i just can't get more than 3 k's with my starter's, here's what im using:

pro

jim's data file v3

jims sliders:

pitch meter difficulty +25

pitch control -40

CPU swing frequency -15

my main problem is that unless i get a perfect which is very unlikely since the green zones tiny, i pitch a ball (when the yellow ball appears out the zone) and the cpu never swings.

or i somehow get 2 k's and its 0-2 and i try to set the batters up, mix location and pitch speeds to entice a swing but nothing. its then 3-2 and if i go in the zone its a hit/pop up/ground out anything but a K which is what im striving for.

sorry to post this in your dynasty but im really curious what your techiniques are to get k's.

keep up the great work, :D

I told Vinny my answer on MSN, but just in case anyone else is wondering, make sure to use the whole strike zone and more. Don't just go with the lower half of the zone to try and get K's, you have to move the ball up and down side to side to be a good strikeout pitcher.

A's Wash Up Halo's

Kotsay Leads Offense

untitled11nj.gif

Above: Kotsay had a monster day at the plate, and Molina and McPherson are shocked.

At the beginning of the game, it looked like it would be the A's that would be all washed up today. But instead, the A's washed up Washburn and the Angels.

The Halo's got off to an early lead, when CF Steve Finley drove a fly ball deep enough to right field for 2B Chone Figgins to score on a sacrifice fly. Starter Jarrod Washburn held a perfect game until the fourth, where a speed bump caused him to lose control.

CF Mark Kotsay got the run production started as he hit a two-run RBI triple, to put the A's ahead 2-1. Then, DH Erubiel Durazo lined a single to center, scoring Kotsay.

In the fifth, the Angels struck back as Figgins drove in his only RBI of the game to shorten the lead to 3-2.

The A's bullpen came on in the seventh to hold off any chance of the Angels making a comeback, as the A's went on to win this one 4-2.

Top Performers:

Kotsay 3-4, 2B, 3B, 3 RBI

Guerrero 3-4

Figgins 2-4, R, RBI

Harden 6 IP, 2 ER, 3 K

Boxscore:

R  H  E

OAK  4 12  0

ANA  2  9  1

WP: R. Harden (4-0) LP: J. Washburn (0-2) SV: H. Street (7)

Around the League:

-Preston Wilson is out 8 days with a sprained ankle.

Game 2: Danny Haren (2-1) vs. John Lackey (2-0)

Do you ever lose? Remind me never to play you online, :lol: But, keep up the good work there beast.

Yes I do lose, have you seen the 3 grand slams I have given up in the two blowout games this year?

***TRADE***

In a move that literally surfaced out of thin air, Oakland GM Billy Beane was on the phone again, this time with Toronto GM, and very close friend, J.P. Ricciardi.

In this trade of backup players:

To Toronto:

Keith Ginter

To Oakland:

John McDonald

In an effort to strengthen Oakland's defensive replacements, and spot starters at the major league level, utility infielder John McDonald was brought over to the A's to help out our overall defense.

charlie_sheen.jpg

Now that's cool!

"There goes my hero, watch him as he goes"

LOL, you have no idea how cool he is. He's not quite ice cold, but hey, all he needs is a collar pop and you got absolute zero baby.

A's "Lack" Offense

Lackey Shuts Down A's

untitled18vp.gif

Above: Fireworks were going off all night at Angel Stadium as Guerrero adds to the fun.

From the get-go, the outcome looked bleak. From the first inning on, Angel starter John Lackey showed he brought his stuff to the game today, as Lackey and the Angels shut down the A's today.

Although the A's had double-digit hits, they only managed to score three runs, three short of what Anaheim had. 2B Chone Figgins started the fireworks for the Angels as he went deep to left off Danny Haren.

In the fifth, SS Orlando Cabrera also went deep off of Haren to increase the lead to 2-0. The next inning, RF Vladimir Guerrero went yard against Haren, then Cabrera dropped a bloop double down the right field line, scoring two, and increasing the lead to 5-0.

The A's tried to make a late comeback against the Angels bullpen, but it was too late, as the Angels strolled to victory, 6-3.

Top Performers:

Kendall 1-4, 3B, 2 RBI

Figgins 3-4, HR, 2 R

Kotsay 2-4, HR, 2B, 3 RBI

Lackey 6 IP, 0 ER, 3 K

Boxscore:

R  H  E

OAK  3 12  0

ANA  6 14  0

WP: J. Lackey (3-0) LP: D. Haren (3-2) SV: F. Rodriguez (4)

Around the League:

-Eric Chavez returned from his injury after the game.

-Mike Lowell is out 9 days with an inflamed left elbow.

Game 3: Joe Blanton (2-0) vs. Paul Byrd (1-1)

Do you ever lose? Remind me never to play you online, :lol: But, keep up the good work there beast.

he is a beast online - im glad my connection is forked, so he cant complete his sweep of me :cry: :wink:

keep up the good work Apr :D

Athletic Killer on the Rampage

Halo's Take Series

untitled17st.gif

Above: Rivera taps home and thanks the good Lord; Cabrera and Vlad celebrate their walk-off win.

Today was the rubber match of the A's and Angels three game series, but the A's fell short in the end as their newly formed bullpen blew their first lead of the year.

The "Athletic Killer", you may know him by his alias, Orlando Cabrera. In the past two games versus the A's, he has hit .500, with two home runs, and six RBI. Cabrera hit the walk-off home run that gave the Angels the win today.

The Athletics scored two times, once in the first, and twice in the fourth. 3B Eric Chavez drove in all three runs, en route to a very good day at the plate.

Late in the game, with reliever Ricardo Rincon on the hill, LF Juan Rivera hit a home run that tied the game up at three, and in the bottom of the tenth, the Athletic Killer hit a three-run home run to send the fans home happy.

Top Performers:

Chavez 3-3, HR, 3 RBI

Cabrera 3-6, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R

Byrd 7 IP, 3 ER

Boxscore:

R  H  E

OAK  3  8  0

ANA  6 16  0

WP: F. Rodriguez (1-0) LP: H. Street (0-1)

Around the League:

-No News Today

Game 1: Kirk Saarloos (2-0) vs. Jon Garland (1-0)

Garland Dominates A's

Third Straight Loss

untitled17xw.gif

Above: Garland had everything working today; Podsednik's homer gives White Sox the win.

The A's stood no chance today as White Sox starter Jon Garland was firing on all cylinders, along with the rest of Chicago's starting lineup.

The White Sox zipped off to an early lead, as DH Frank Thomas hit a sacrifice fly to right, letting LF Scott Podsednik to score the first run of the game.

The A's tied it up in the bottom of the fourth, as SS Bobby Crosby lined an RBI single to left, and putting the A's back in the game.

Chicago scored once more in the sixth, then again in the ninth, to put the game away, as Podsednik hit a home run that cleared the wall in center, over a jumping Mark Kotsay.

Closer Shingo Takatsu came on in the ninth to earn his fifth save of the young season.

Top Performers:

Crede 2-4, RBI

Podsednik 1-3, HR, 2 R

Crosby 1-4, RBI

Boxscore:

R  H  E

CWS  4 10  0

OAK  1  5  0

WP: J. Garland (2-0) LP: K. Saarloos (2-1) S. Takatsu (5)

Around the League:

-No News Today

Game 2: Barry Zito (0-2) vs. Mark Buehrle (1-2)

Zito, The Original Malternative

Zito Puts Team Back In The Right Direction

untitled15pb.gif

Above: Byrnes started the game off again for the A's, while Zito finished on the mound.

Forget ZIMA, Zito is the original malternative. Barry Zito brought his A game to the mound today, and the White Sox batters were just spectators.

LF Eric Byrnes started the game off with a home run, and it was mostly smooth sailing from then on, as Zito commanded the mound and strike zone en route to a complete game.

1B Bobby Kielty also had a big game for the A's in a spot start for the tired Scott Hatteberg. Kielty drove in two key runs in the bottom of the fourth, via a home run.

Despite a bump in the road in the sixth inning for Zito, he pitched beautifully, as he had the White Sox hitters guessing all day with his hook.

Top Performers:

Podsednik 2-4, 2 RBI

Kielty 2-4, 2B, HR, 2 RBI

Kendall 1-2, 2 RBI

Zito CG, 2 ER, 7 K

Boxscore:

R  H  E

CWS  2  8  0

OAK  5  7  0

WP: B. Zito (1-2) LP: M. Buehrle (1-3)

Around the League:

-John Olerud is out 16 days with a strained left forearm.

Game 3: Rich Harden (4-0) vs. Mark Buehrle (2-2)

i love the way ur picks look, and ur descriptions are very catchy....very very nice...when ur done i hope u start a braves one...cuz i love the way ur doin this...SWEET

Don't know if I'm gonna be doing a Braves one, but hey, you never know. :wink:

Ace In The Hole

Harden Frontrunner for Cy Young

untitled12fb.gif

Above: Defense allows A's mediocre offense to put up enough support; Harden has 'Sox off balance all day.

Thirteen strikeouts in eight innings. Whats the ratio on that, like 1.6:1? Almost two strikeouts per inning, not too shabby if you ask me. And thats just what Oakland starter Rich Harden did today as the A's defeated the Chi' Sox 3-1.

The A's offense was lacking to say the least, but the pitching definitely wasn't, and won the game for the A's. However, the A's did score a couple times, despite leaving the bases-loaded twice in two innings. Oakland scored two times in the first, via a sacrifice fly by CF Mark Kotsay , and then from an RBI double by DH Erubiel Durazo.

The only White Sox run came from DH Frank Thomas, who hit a home run in the top of the fifth.

Closer Huston Street came on in the ninth to earn his eighth save of the season.

Top Performers:

Harden 8 IP, ER, 13 K

Durazo 2-4, 2B, RBI

Boxscore:

R  H  E

CWS  1  4  0

OAK  3 10  0

WP: R. Harden (5-0) LP: F. Garcia (2-3)

Around the League:

-No News Today

Game 1: Danny Haren (2-2) vs. Gil Meche (0-2)

Well, he only had 3 K's in his last start vs. Anaheim, but if he keeps up this winning streak, I smell Cy Young! :mrgreen:

when ur done i hope u start a braves one...cuz i love the way ur doin this...SWEET

You can check out the old Braves one I was doing.....here. I had to quit both times because I forgot to turn off the option to use historical players.

Archived