Don't Scuff My White on Whites...An A's Dynasty

APR

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can check out the old Braves one I was doing.....here. I had to quit both times because I forgot to turn off the option to use historical players.

Hehe. I remember those. That was funny. :lol:

class stuff mate

really enjoyable to follow :D

i bet your gagging for a modded A's stadium?

Thanks for the feedback commish, and yes, it is pretty bad playing in that stadium. Your lucky you get to play in a modded stadium.

2 Down, Ready To Go, We Be Fast and They Be Slow!

Which Athletic Wins the Cy Young?

untitled17km.gif

Above: Mulder-Haren deal panning out nicely, 8 A's tap home plate today.

Does Bud let the Cy Young Award go to a pitching staff? The A's have 35 walks allowed as a team through 23 games, and have struck out 126; which is a ratio that comes out to 3.6/1 strikeout to walk ratio. The A's also have the lowest ERA in the American League. What this all means is that the A's, despite their small payroll, have the best pitching staff in the league.

Today was no different for the pitching staff, as 10 more strikeouts came from the pitchers in todays rout of the Mariners, 8-2. Haren struck out 6 in his 6.2 innings of work, Koch sat down 2 in his 1.1 innings of work, and Bradford struck out another 2 in his inning of work.

The A's scored 8 times today, putting 6 on the board in the first 3 innings. Mark Kotsay got everything started when he hit his RBI double, which was followed by back to back hits by Chavez, and Durazo.

Marco Scutaro homered twice, as he continued his stellar year at the plate.

Top Performers:

Scutaro 2-3, 2 HR

Ichiro 2-4, 2 SB, R

Durazo 2-3, 2B, HR, 3 RBI

Haren 6.2 IP, 6 K, 2 ER

Boxscore:

R  H  E

SEA  2  5  0

OAK  8 14  0

WP: D. Haren (3-2) LP: G. Meche (0-3)

Around the League:

-No News Today

Game 2: Joe Blanton (2-0) vs. Aaron Sele (4-0)

Blanton Near Unhittable

A's Win in Extras

untitled10zz.gif

Above: Blanton hade many moments like this in the game, Bobby Crosby gets the bench pumped in the late innings.

Today was the longest game of the year for the A's, lasting 14 innings. It was well worth it though, as in the end the A's pulled out like champions.

With the score tied at zero, the A's broke it up in the bottom of the third with a homerun by LF Eric Byrnes and an RBI triple by CF Mark Kotsay. That put the A's up 2-0, and it stayed that way as starter Joe Blanton pitched a solid 8 innings, striking out 7 along the way.

In the ninth, the Mariners homered 3 times to take the lead off closer Huston Street. RF Ichiro, LF Randy Winn, and 2B Bret Boone went deep to take the lead. However, the homerun parade wasn't over, as the A's C Jason Kendall went yard to tie the game up, sending it to extras.

With nobody out and the bases packed in the bottom of the 14th, SS Bobby Crosby hit a sac fly to right, giving the A's the win.

Top Performers:

Ichiro 3-6, HR

Kotsay 3-6, 2B, 3B, R, RBI

Crosby 0-5, GW Hit

Blanton 8 IP, 3 H, 7 K

Boxscore:

R  H  E

SEA  3 10  0

OAK  4  8  1

WP: K. Yabu (1-0) LP: D. Moss (0-1)

Around the League:

-No News Today

Game 3: Kirk Saarloos (2-1) vs. Felix Hernandez (0-3)

"The King" Reigns Supreme

Saarloos handed 2nd loss of season.

untitled11ck.gif

Above: Guardado shuts down A's to end game, Durazo's efforts thwarted by M's.

It looked like a pitchers duel at first between "The King", Felix Hernandez, and Kirk Saarloos. However, that quickly changed with the M's scored 6 times to punish the A's.

In the 4th inning, the Mariners had runners on second and third, and had the lead 1-0 when CF Jeremy Reed stepped into the box and launched one over the right field wall, putting the M's up 4-0. Seattle added a couple more runs in the 7th, to increase the lead to 6-1 over the A's.

In the eighth, the A's started to make their comeback, scoirng twice on DH Erubiel Durazo's homer, but their comeback fell short as the Seattle bullpen shut down the A's offense after that.

Top Performers:

Reed 1-2, HR, 4 RBI

Durazo 1-3, HR, 2 RBI

Hernandez 7 IP, 3 H, 8 BB, 5 K

Boxscore:

R  H  E

SEA  6 10  0

OAK  3  6  2

WP: F. Hernandez (1-3) LP: K. Saarloos (2-2) SV: E. Guardado (6)

Around the League:

-Jake Peavy was suspended, again, for 9 days.

-Felix Hernandez will miss 6 games with minor wrist tendonitis.

Game 1: Barry Zito (1-1) vs. Kenny Rogers (2-3)

Although, I'm not a huge A's fan I do know enough about them to say, that I like the way you represent your dynasty (Although the A's record is sketchy :p ) Great article, and keep it up!

Its only sketchy because I'm amazing at this game! :lol:

Oly - I think the computer optimizes the rosters...kinda, It seems in every dynasty I play, and I have many, that the computer has certain tendencies with every team, i.e Billy Koch always ends up with the Reds for some reason. So I would imagine Felix was promoted.

Thome - Thx for the support.

A's Fall Late To Rangers

Celebrity Talk Replaces Around The League!

Untitled-1.gif

Above: Thanks for ruining it guys!.

One pitch can turn the tide of a ballgame, and today, just that happened.

In the top of the 8th, with Zito and the A's up 3-2, Ranger 1B Mark Teixeira lined a home run over the left field wall, putting the Rangers back on top, 4-3. Then, 3B Hank Blalock stepped in and hit his own homerun to increase the lead to 5-3.

The Rangers added three more in the ninth to win the game 8-3.

TOP PERFORMERS:

TEIXEIRA 1-5, HR, 3 RBI

HATTEBERG 1-3, HR, 2 RBI

ZITO 7.2 IP, 4 ER, 2 BB, 3 K

ROGERS 7 IP, 3 ER, 3 BB, 3 K

Boxscore:

R  H  E

TEX  8 13  0

OAK  3  7  0

WP:K. Rogers (3-3) LP: B. Zito (1-3) SV: F. Francisco (1)

Celebrity Talk

"Mmmm...cloudy his future is, mmm yes, very cloudy". That is what Yoda, former Master of the Jedi Order had to say on the future of Oakland Athletic 1B Scott Hatteberg.

Game 2: Rich Harden (5-0) vs. Chan Ho Park (2-2)

i need more scuff ;)

play some games :lol:

worst case scenario - go 48 hours straight, you wont go :duh: as long as you have alot of :coffee:

keep it going mate :)

i need more scuff ;)

play some games :lol:

worst case scenario - go 48 hours straight, you wont go :duh: as long as you have alot of :coffee:

keep it going mate :)

Game coming soon, I promise. I've been playing too much BF2.

***TRADE***

A call came early this morning to GM Billy Beane's office. It was his friend, Marc Splawn, GM of the Los Angeles Dodgers. They compromised on the deal that follows.

To Los Angeles:

Jermaine Clark

To Oakland:

Delwyn Young

Delwyn is just one of the younger brothers of Tigers player Dimitri Young. Beane believes Delwyn will be better than Dimitri.

Archived