Don't Scuff My White on Whites...An A's Dynasty

APR

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A's Hole Gets Deeper

Hehehehe, A's Hole, hehehehe

untitled14ae.gif

Above: A's can't stop falling on their collective faces.

In the words of Napoleon Dynamite, "that was like the worst flippin [game] ever!" And he was right, as the today's game between the A's and Rangers was full of miscues, all of them on the A's behalf.

It all began in the top of the 1st, as a ball hit by Gary Matthews Jr. skipped by LF Luis Gonzalez and all the way to the wall, allowing Matthews Jr. to score on an inside the park home run.

Despite poor defense, the A's were able to take the lead in the third by way of CF Mark Kotsay's 2 run home run. But Texas quickly bounced back and scored in the next 5 innings. Texas won this one 8-4, in a heavily one-sided affair.

TOP PERFORMERS:

TEIXEIRA 3-4, 2B, R, RBI

BARAJAS 2-5, 2B, R, RBI

Boxscore:

R  H  E

TEX  8 16  1

OAK  4  7  0

WP:C. Ho Park (3-3) LP: R. Harden (5-1)

Celebrity Talk

"That was like the worst flipping [game] ever. They don't have any good skills right now. Like, ball-hitting skills, pitching skills, or liger drawing skills. Umpires only like teams who have good skills. GOSH!"

-Napoleon Dynamite commenting on the latest game between the A's and Rangers.

Game 3: Danny Haren (3-2) vs. Joaquin Benoit (1-1)

It's Always Marco, Marco, Marco!

Kendall Finally Breaks Out

untitled11kj.gif

Above: Crosby and Durazo happy because of what Scutaro did.

Wild, Crazy, Kids must be back in production, because the A's and Rangers acted like them at the ballpark today. Ten innings, 26 hits, 11 runs, and 2 hits batsmen. Thats what the boxscore looked like tonight.

Oakland looked like they were poised to blow out the Rangers as they ripped starter Joaquin Benoit for three runs on six hits in the first inning to take an early 3-1 lead.

Texas came back in the 5th from a home run by SS Michael Young, but then in the bottom of the fifth, Oakland scored two more to go back on top.

In the seventh, Dave Dellucci hit a sac fly that tied the game, and eventually sending this one to extras, where the A's won it on a line drive base hit to the gap in right, past a drawn in outfield, to give the A's the win.

TOP PERFORMERS:

YOUNG 1-5, HR, 3 RBI

KENDALL 2-5, 2 RBI

OAKLAND BULLPEN 4 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, K

Boxscore:

R  H  E

TEX  5  9  0

OAK  615  0

WP: K. Yabu (2-0) LP: F. Cordero (1-1)

Celebrity Talk

"In the news this week, the Oakland Tribune published an article titled 'A's Hole Gets Deeper'. Hey, know this is a true story ok, and whats funny about it is that the Athletics all have [beeps] and they are deep, see holes...deep, and umm...Kevin Eubanks you like men right?"

-Jay Leno in an excerpt from his standup bit on his show last night.

Game 1: Joe Blanton (2-0) vs. Jaret Wright (2-1)

Pauley Shore, Wayne Brady, Mr. T, Bill Cosby, or Robin Williams - any of those would suffice. :wink:

Oooh...Bill Cosby is first. And then I will put in Tim the Tool Man Taylor!!! Then the rest.

Sorry Apr, i didnt mean it as a demand, i was just eager to see what ur record was and stuff. Well i may want...... :chin:

Oh I know, I was just joshing ya.

Archived