• Created
  • Last Reply

frank lampard = football genius

:hail:

if only football had drug testing

theres a prime candidate for steroids :chin:

good stuff - keep it going Apr :wtg:

I think ur thinking of a different show

O that step by step. Man that was a great show, I would do an impression of him but he isn't a real celeb and it would be a bad impression.

O that step by step. Man that was a great show, I would do an impression of him but he isn't a real celeb and it would be a bad impression.

he was on dallas before that, and he's barry zito's uncle.

"In the news this week, the Oakland Tribune published an article titled 'A's Hole Gets Deeper'. Hey, know this is a true story ok, and whats funny about it is that the Athletics all have [beeps] and they are deep, see holes...deep, and umm...Kevin Eubanks you like men right?"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: holy [naughty word], apr that was funny as hell.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: holy [naughty word], apr that was funny as hell.

I actually stole that from Leno about 2 or 3 years ago. It was so funny it's made an impact on my life. :lol:

All the Wright Stuff

Tennis in the Bronx?

untitled17sp.gif

Above: Fireworks came late for the Bombers, Chavez continues his solid season at the plate.

With the US Open a few months away in Queens, who would expect a tennis match at Yankee Stadium? At tonight's game, thats just what happened, as the A's and Bronx Bombers went back and forth scoring runs all game.

After a rocky start by A's starter Joe Blanton in the first, Blanton setteled down to pitch good enough for the win, at least he thought. The A's tied it up at two in the fourth via Eric Chavez's two run dinger, then went ahead with Scott Hatteberg's RBI single.

However, the Yankees answered back with a homerun of their own, this time from the bat of Jorge Posada, who tied the game up at 3 in the sixth inning.

With the ball in the A's court now, Mark Kotsay hit a sac fly to put the A's back on top 4-3 in the seventh. But yet again, Tino Martinez lined a single to left, tying the game up at 4.

In the tenth, Hideki Matsui lined a double into the gap, allowing Gary Sheffield to score easily, and giving the Bombers the win in round one.

TOP PERFORMERS:

MATSUI 3-5, 2B, RBI

RODRIGUEZ 2-5, HR, 2 RBI

Boxscore:

R  H  E

OAK  4  8  1

NYY  5 13  0

WP: M. Rivera (1-0) LP:H. Street (0-2)

Celebrity Talk

"See, you know whats wrong with the Athletics right now? They aren't eating enough JELLO. You got to put the JELLO with the whipped cream. J-E-L-L-O, JELLO. When they start eating the JELLO with the whipped cream, then they will win."

-Bill Cosby on why the A's are struggling in May.

Game 2: Kirk Saarloos (2-2) vs. Randy Johnson (5-1)

The "Small" Unit

Saarloos Baffles Yanks

untitled12cv.gif

Above: 100% every play from Byrnes, Street closes door on Yanks late.

A pitchers duel early between Randy Johnson and Kirk Saarloos was unexpected. Saarloos was 'supposed' to get shelled, but he wasn't. Saarloos was 'supposed' to last long, but he did. Johnson was 'supposed' to shutout the A's, but he didn't. Johnson was 'supposed' to strikeout many batters, but he didn't.

The A's got on the scoreboard first when Eric Chavez and Desi Relaford drove in two runs in the fourth and fifth respectively. In the sixth, the Yankees got on the board first when Derek Jeter drove in Tony Womack with a clean single to center.

However, the A's struck back with brute force when they put up four on the board in the seventh. Nick Swisher had an RBI single, Relaford had an RBI single, and Jason Kendall made solid contact, driving the ball over the right field fence for a two run home run.

Closer Huston Street came on in the ninth to close out the game for his ninth save of the year.

TOP PERFORMERS:

RELAFORD 2-3, 2 RBI

KENDALL 1-4, HR, RBI

RODRIGUEZ 3-4, RBI

Boxscore:

R  H  E

OAK  6 12  0

NYY  3 10  0

WP: K. Saarloos (3-2) LP:R. Johnson (5-2) SV: H. Street (9)

Celebrity Talk

"The Oakland Aaaaaaaaaaaaa's......mmmmm yaa-aaaa. Eating the grindage...loodalooodaloodaloooooooo!!!"

-Pauly Shore talking about....well, nothing. Seriously, what do you expect?

Game 3: Barry Zito (1-3) vs. Carl Pavano (2-4)

Homerun Derby Comes Early This Year

Zito Solid for Second Win

untitled12ps.gif

Above: Torre came out 1 pitch too late, Chavez brilliant in the field.

Three homeruns in two innings to start off todays game. Derek Jeter hit one in the first to put the Yankees up 1-0, then Eric Chavez hit one to tie it up at one, and finally Ruben Sierra un-tied the game with his own solo shot.

From there the A's took over and dominated on offense. After an RBI single by Erubiel Durazo in the third, the A's scored four in the fourth to take the lead at 6-2. The bullpen was able to hold on from there as the A's took two of three from the Yanks.

TOP PERFORMERS:

-Stupid Stat Boy, couldn't take down the gosh darn stats. :lol:

Boxscore:

R  H  E

OAK  9 19  1

NYY  4 13  0

WP: B. Zito (2-3) LP: C. Pavano (2-5)

Celebrity Talk

"I pity the fool who doesnt dial 1-800-COLLECT. I also pity the fool who doesnt think Oakland will win the division this year. And if you don't think they will, I will come over to your house, and strangle you with my phat necklaces! I PITY THE FOOL!"

-Mr. T pitties the fool who doesn't like Oakland's chances this year.

Game 1: Rich Harden (5-1) vs. Matt Clement (2-2)

Celebrity Talk

"The Oakland Aaaaaaaaaaaaa's......mmmmm yaa-aaaa. Eating the grindage...loodalooodaloodaloooooooo!!!"

-Pauly Shore talking about....well, nothing. Seriously, what do you expect?

YES! Now I am offically happy! WOO-HOO. :music1:

Can we see all your trades in one post, cause I'm having trouble finding them all in the thread.

Yup, give me a minute to gather the info.

***COMPLETE TRADES***

Traded RP Octavio Dotel and RP Kiko Calero to CIN for RP Billy Koch and RP Ben Weber.

Traded 2B Keith Ginter to TOR for SS John McDonald.

Traded LF Charles Thomas and 2B Mark Ellis to COL for 2B Luis A. Gonzalez and 2B Desi Relaford.

Traded C Adam Melhuse to DET for C Vance Wilson.

Traded 2B Jermaine Clark to LAD for 2B Delwyn Young.

Oh I Love That Dirty Water... Boston You're My Home

Home Away From Home?

untitled15xr.gif

Above: Happy and sad, ying and yang, however you put it, the look on the faces says it all.

It seems that the east coast has become a home away from home for the A's. Winners of 2 in a row, the A's were looking to increase their win streak in Boston today.

It looked like a blowout was gonna happen when the A's were finished batting in the first. In the end, they had hit 5 doubles, scoring 4 runs in the process.

From then on, Matt Clement settled down and had a quality start, letting the Sox get back into the game. In the fourth, Mark Bellhorn lined an RBI single to center, and in the seventh, Edgar Renteria banged a two run home run over the centerfield wall to close the lead to 4-3.

Huston Street came on in the ninth to shut down the Sox.

TOP PERFORMERS:

RAMIREZ 4-5

RENTERIA HR, 2 RBI

BULLPEN 2.2 IP, 0 ER, H

Boxscore:

R  H  E

OAK  4  6  0

BOS  3 11  0

WP: R. Harden (6-1) LP: M. Clement (2-3) SV: H. Street (10)

Celebrity Talk

"Hey everyone and welcome to Tool Time. I'm Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor and this is Al 'lives in his mothers basement' Borland. Now, before we start todays show, I would like to talk about the Oakland A's. As you know they have been having a very good year so far, and I just wanted to give them a real big ARGH ARGH ARGH..."

-Tim Taylor giving the A's an ARGH ARGH ARGH

Game 2: Danny Haren (3-2) vs. Wade Miller (1-2)

Archived