Don't Scuff My White on Whites...An A's Dynasty

APR

Oh Manny!

Kotsay is Somkin' Hot!

untitled18ni.gif

Above: Its Manny's world and we're all toys in it.

Nothing much to say about today's game. The A's got beat, badly. Losing 15-4 in a place like Boston warrants you for automatic heckling from the fans.

With the lopsided loss, one couldn't expcet many bright spots in the Oakland dugout, however that wasn't the case, as Mark Kotsay continued his unbelievable season knocking in all four runs for the A's.

As for the Red Sox, it was Manny's day today. Two homeruns, seven RBI, and four hits. Manny beat the A's hands down today.

TOP PERFORMERS:

RAMIREZ 3-6, 2 HR, 7 RBI

RENTERIA 4-6, 3 RBI

KOTSAY 4-5, 4 RBI

Boxscore:

R  H  E

OAK  4 11  1

BOS 15 20  0

WP: W. Miller (2-2) LP: D. Haren (3-3)

Celebrity Talk

"I tell you what America, what the A's need is a black man. Today you can't do anything without a black man. And you need that black man to win games. Why do you think the Red Sox kicked the [naughty word] out of the A's today? Because they have Ortiz, and guess what...he's black!"

-Chris Rock on the keys of success in baseball

Game 3: Joe Blanton (2-0) vs. Tim Wakefield (1-2)

Record: 19-14, 1st Place AL West

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha reminds me of him in the longest yard. "you're white, smile!"

just wondering, have you edited zito at all? because this season he's added a 2 seamer and a slider/slurve. i added them to mine, they're not as good as the other pitches, but they're average.

oh, one more thing. are you using umachines' a's set? because i noticed you've got the alts with grey pants and all green hats.

haha reminds me of him in the longest yard. "you're white, smile!"

just wondering, have you edited zito at all? because this season he's added a 2 seamer and a slider/slurve. i added them to mine, they're not as good as the other pitches, but they're average.

oh, one more thing. are you using umachines' a's set? because i noticed you've got the alts with grey pants and all green hats.

Haven't edited Zito, don't know what he exactly throws. If you could post the stats here that would be great.

Yes I am using UMach's uni's. They are the bomb.

Ok, as you have seen, I haven't updated some time. Well, I'm going to switch my display of writing about the games. I'm thouroughly consumed within Battlefield 2, and don't have much time for anything else...in my life :lol: . So, I am gonna try to think of a way to get the quantity of games up, without sacrificing quality...too much.

Thanks for all your support along the road.

Your Friend,

-Apr-

Defense Can't Stop 'Sox

bosgame36fr.gif

Boxscore:

R  H  E

OAK  6 14  0

BOS  7  8  0

WP: J. Halama (4-0) LP: C. Bradford (1-1) SV: K. Foulke (6)

Player of the Game

David Ortiz: HR(6), 3 RBI

This is how my series recap will be presented, except with 2, 3, or 4, depending on the series length.

Also, I may have something else in the works. :chin:

Mark Kotsay You're My Hero <--Series Caption

Game 1:

mvp200520050705225754914tq.png

Boxscore:

R  H  E

NYY  2  8  0

OAK  6  7  1

WP: K. Saarloos (4-2) LP: R. Johnson (5-3)
Player of the Game Mark Kotsay: HR, 2B, RBI Game 2: mvp200520050706132235815cq.png
Boxscore:

R  H  E

NYY  6 12  2

OAK  8 14  2

WP: B. Zito (3-3) LP: C. Pavano (2-6)  SV: H. Street (11)
Player of the Game Mark Kotsay: 2B, 2 RBI Game 3: mvp200520050706173820646kg.png
Boxscore:

R  H  E

NYY  3  9  0

OAK  4 16  0

WP: C. Bradford (2-1) LP: M. Rivera (1-1)
Player of the Game Mark Kotsay: 3-5, GW RBI Series Recap Player of the game 3 games in a row against the Yankees. They had better tip their caps to him and call him their daddy. Game 1 saw Kirk Saarloos defeat Randy Johnson for the second time this year. Game 2 showed the A's dominance over the Yanks as they scored 5 times in the first 3 innings. Game 3 saw the A's make a late comeback as they came back from one down in the 9th to defeat Mariano Rivera and the Yanks 4-3. Record 22-15 Mark Kotsay is...

1st in BA	 .415

13th in RBI	 30

6th in SB		9

4th in H		56

1st in 2B	   18

7th in 3B		3

3rd in OBP	.457

4th in TB	   95

1st in SLUG   .704

wow

kots leads the mlb in hits for me, but that's because i've bunt singled about a hundred times.

I don't bunt with him much, mainly because he is my number 3 hitter. Mark Kotsay is a beast!!

BTW - Got an e-mail saying that Carl Crawford is on the trading block. Do I engage?

BTW - Got an e-mail saying that Carl Crawford is on the trading block. Do I engage?

I don't know. Every team that I've had him on, he gets hurt and he's out for a while. But when he's healthy - he's wicked awesome. I'd go for him, just be aware that he's injury prone.

I don't know. Every team that I've had him on, he gets hurt and he's out for a while. But when he's healthy - he's wicked awesome. I'd go for him, just be aware that he's injury prone.

I wouldn't know who to trade. :help:

Spivey - Byrnes...definitely not Swisher and Kotsay, so that leaves Byrnes.

Brooklyn - You're probably right with Byrnes, I like Swisher and he is doing well for a rookie. As for starting pitcher, maybe Danny Haren. Then I might be able to ask for a minor leaguer or something because Haren + Byrnes does not equal Crawford in my mind. BTW - nice sig.

Ok, here is what I'm going to try when I go to play the game in a little bit:

Eric Byrnes and Kirk Saarloos for Carl Crawford...straight up like that.

Decided not to get rid of Haren despite his 6+ ERA, I think he has too much potential.

***TRADES***

Oakland GM Billy Beane made 2 huge trades for the Oakland A's. Trades said that were to increase the speed at the top of the lineup and increase veteran leadership in the rotation. After the dust had settled, this is how it all came out:

To OAK:

-Outfielder Carl Crawford

To TB:

-Starter Danny Haren

Although it was rumored that LF Eric Byrnes would be headed to Tampa, it was discovered that he wouldn't have much playing time because Tampa Bay would be playing Baldelli, Gathright, and Huff in the outfield, not Byrnes. So, in order to please Eric Byrnes, he was sent to a contender that was in need of another outfielder, and since the A's were short one starter, they went out and filled that need as well.

To OAK:

-Starter Glendon Rusch

To CHC:

-Left Fielder Eric Byrnes

With minor league ace Dan Meyer not ready for the bigs in AAA, the A's decided to go for Cubs number 5 starter Glendon Rusch. He was brought over because of his experience, and his veteran leadership. Both teams decided this was an even deal because both needed something the other team had a surplus of.

Sox Take 2

Game 1:

mvp200520050707180206788me.gif

Boxscore:

R  H  E

BOS  6 11  0

OAK  4  5  0

WP: W. Miller (3-2) LP: G. Rusch (1-2) SV: Foulke (8)
Player of the Game Edgar Renteria: HR, 2 RBI Game 2: mvp200520050708171014822ob.gif
Boxscore:

R  H  E

BOS  6 10  0

OAK  4  6  0

WP: Wakefield (2-2) LP: Blanton (2-1)  SV: Foulke (9)
Player of the Game Jason Varitek: HR, 2 RBI Game 3: mvp200520050708222039689yw.gif
Boxscore:

R  H  E

BOS  3  8  0

OAK  5 11  0

WP: K. Saarloos (5-2) LP: C. Schilling (4-3) SV: H. Street (12)

Player of the Game

Jason Kendall: 2B, 2 RBI

Series Recap

Games 1 and 2 of the series saw the Red Sox completely dominate the A's. The Red Sox got out to early leads in both games and held it from their on.

However, in the third game, Kirk Saarloos showed the A's upper management how lucky they are to have NOT traded him to Tampa Bay. As he won his third consecutive start, and defeated an amazing pitcher in Curt Schilling. In 3 of Kirk's 5 wins, he has defeated Randy Johnson twice, and Curt Schilling once. The A's plan to sign this young groundball pitcher to a long term deal very soon.

Record 23-17

Is everyone ok with me doing the reports this way?

I could revert back to my old way, but that would mean more time between updates.

Archived