Design Your Own Custom Stadium

Sean O

I was thinking about what I should work on now that Braves Field is completed, and I thought this would be an interesting concept. I'm sure some of us have thought about the perfect type of ballpark for what we like in baseball, integrating classic elements from long-gone parks and new, never-before-seen ideas. So I would love people to post what they would like in a ballpark here.

Part of me is interested on whether we can get enough of a response for a possible end goal of actually modding all of the best ideas into the game, to create our own mvpmods custom stadium. Or, if this doesn't come to fruition, we can at least share what our favorite park elements would be if everything were to work out perfectly.

Here's my situation:

Citing low attendance, Major League Baseball decides to relocate the Tampa Bay Devil Rays to Boston as a National League team, moving the Washington Nationals into the AL East.

The new Boston team's park (after several years playing in Fenway) will be custom-made to the team's strength, namely extraordinary speed and defense. The corners will be very short, at 315 and 305 feet (left and right, respectively) with a 3' wall, but will sharply angle out to 342 and 364 (respectively) just a little off the corners. The left-center gap will end at 405', while dead center will be a jaw-dropping 445', with a 3' wall ringing the entire expansive left field space.

Right field is where things get interesting. Bordering the field from just off the corner is a 30' neoclassical building, with stands on the sloped roof almost directly over the field. This marks the right field wall until 399' when a wall abruptly juts out to reach the 449 center field wall at 3'. Bullpens are contained inside the 3 story building on the bottom floor, hidden from the park.

So, that's my park, what's your dream stadium?

New York Mets have taken over the city demolishing the Yankees with little fan support. With all the money coming to the new favored team will have a new stadium.

This will be the best ball park. All of the walls are blue. From homw plate to left field it will be 330 feet and raise 7 feet in the air. From home plate to Dead Center it will be 450 feet and 10 feet in the air. In right field there will be the COLOSSAL. From home to right field it will be 370 feet. There will stand a monstrosity. On it it will Read "The Collosal" in iron letters.It will tower 150 feet in the air. It will be a 7 story attraction for baseball. Three elevators with glass windows will carry people from floor to floor. On the first floor thier will be the Mets home bullpen. On the secong floor the floor will be glass. This is where you can look down upon the mets and away teams bullpen while they warm up. There will be nothing on this floor but a glasss floor to look down on to the bullpen. On the third floor there will be a historical floor. This floor will contain all World Series Trophies. Hall of famers from the Mets. Autograhphs will be sold and you can by pennants. Every 7th inning there will be an auction for the item of the day. Fourth floor will be luxury seats. There will be four luxury sections for four different users on that night. It will be like most luxury boxes. Except the window is 10 feet big and 7 feet wide. When you press the button to open it you can get a great view from a great height. There will also be buffets serving all your favortie foods from ballpark style or a fancier selection. On the fifth floor there will be a wax museum for franchise players. On it there will be a plasma screen next to the player contstantly showing highlights of him. There will also be a plaque commemorating the greatness of that player. On the 6th floor there will be a batting cage and a pitching machine. You can see if you have what it takes to pitch 80+ or hit it. On the seventh and final floor there will be a 5 foot wall so you dont fall over. Here is where you can sit in seats like on the green monster. And also there will be a grill for hot dogs and burgers and other grillled foods. All the windows where you can see through the wall will be tinted dark blue so it does not interfere with play. The trick is though it doesnt look tinted blue on the inside.

Now done with the collosal...... the left field wall will have a plasma scoreboard above it. Its thje biggest scoreboard in baseball. This stadium is also 6 Levels. The first level will field level. Second will be just above the field section. The third level follows. On the fourth floor there will be luxury boxes. they will connect with the luxury boxes on the collosal. Except the ones on the outside the collosal will have a balcony. And when you finish the 5 and 6th level you get two the 7th section. This is where you can purchase your avaerage bleacher seats.

The Collosal section costs $200 bucks per person per series. You will get all access except the 1st and 4th floor (bullpen and luxury). For example. If you bought tickets for three people it would be $200 per person but you would get the whole series. The Luxury boxes cost $1000 each but you get access to every floor (inclusing bullpen). After and Before the game you would be permitted to go down and see the bullpen up close. The turf would be bluegrass and the infield would be dirt.

On opening night homeplate is put down as the crowd cheers. And they say I chrisen this field "Shea Stadium II". Fireworks go off and the crowd cheers as the first pitch is thrown out.

Ummm you win! :mrgreen: ...

right field wall about 219 34' (22 corrugated iron above 12 concrete) to right-center have the scoreboard 50' 375, center 412 9' left center 7.5' 365, left 9' 340, A pitchers park I guess you can say,

Oh yeah...

Center to left line wall type

(5 concrete topped by screen)

how about this

330 down rf line 330 down LF line 450 to dead center 390 left center 400 ft to right center a 6 foot wall in center and the right and left field walls are 25 feet high

I tried to make a stadium in owner mode before and the game crashed on me so I gave up but I've since re-installed the game from scratch and have yet to try owner mode out

Indeed, it does. If you were at TPG, you'd be getting a nut-punch. :D

If I made a custom ballpark, I'd probably have a real pitchers park, with one short porch, probably in right field and short walls. Something like 315ft to right, 470ft to center and 380 to left. Massive. :D

MarkBTheYankee, Now just hope your D has the speed and the range to cover all that ground other wise you'd be having whole lot of inside the park homers

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is folks, the best stadium ever, lol - not quite!

untitled35ce.th.png

Tell me what you all think of this...

ballpark.JPG

almost similar. nice ballparks.

Archived