Modding Home Run Celebration sounds.

cb

Is there a mod that can change the music played after a homerun? I think It would be awesome if when a Ranger hits a home run, Hells Bells by ACDC would play instead of a siren or "Funny Little Feeling" LOL If nobody has cracked the code yet, does anybodu know the possible location of the sound files. Thanks. By the way, is there something like that in Mo's Chant Mod? Thanks.

Later...

-CB 8)

already working on it. iansimcox may help me to make the wumchan be used for those files. those files are located in audiocdaems and it is the file called crowd4a.ast (i THINK, maybe it is chants.asts!)

currently i can edit files but when converting them back to .asf and importing them the file size keeps changing from converting the files back and forth. so when i try to import them i get error messages. iansimcox allowing me to use wumchan to import changed sound files to different master files such as the crowd4a.ast/or chants.ast will hopefully be able to help so that i won't have to learn how to edit stuff with "hex". i don't understand that stuff so i'm trying a different route. one thing i do know is that you may put your hells bells song or whatever it was into the game but it will only last 4-6 seconds while the the other sound files start to go off, the sound files being the homerun sounds that have fireworks. the sirens and fireworks sound files in crowd4a.ast last 14 seconds long wich, if you mix your song in with that file instead of using the wumchan to change the ditty, you can hear your song for 10-14 seconds. Problem: you'd hear a song come on for 4 seconds, like funny little feeling, THEN you'd hear the fireworks and your other song for 10-14 seconds since these are 2 seperate files. I've probably confused you but what I'm saying is that you'd probably need to insert a sound file that plays nothing at all for the ditty (4-6 second song that comes on) and so when the fireworks come on or sirens or water splash sound whatever, you'll hear more song being played and the firworks together. right now, i'm focusing on trying to change the crowd so that when the crowd goes wild you'll hear them really go nuts like a soccor game. that is you know, when you hit a homer or keep getting runs or whatever, the crowd sound file gets loud and they go nuts-i want to mix in some FIFA 05 sound files. Once that is successful I may want to change some of these sound files for the homeruns but then again I may not because I'd have to go back and change my walk up ditty's. However, if you want to know what to do, now you know. Sorry for the novel and my obvious misspellings. I nehver took engrish crasses in skooll :doh: .

I was thinking about playing a 30-second clip of "Get Ready for This" which would sound better then the siren... :eew:

you don't have 30 seconds, and i still have that 30 second clip you're talking about. you have 10-14 seconds depending on which file you want to change. nice new avatar. weird though.

on second thought-you have 25 seconds if you edit the sound file for when the crowd goes nuts and leave the siren files alone. that file is called crowd4a.ast7.asf and also crowd4a.ast8.asf located in the crowd4a.ast file in audiocdaems folder. of course that is the one i'm asking iansimcox to help me out by making his wumchan edit that file (the crowd4a.ast) instead of the batdit.ast file for walk up ditty's. again, if you want that song to come on for 25 you'd have to make sure all walk up dittys that are used for homerun songs are edited to play no song by replaceing them with sound files that make no sound, just blank noise. so, you'd jack one, the walk up ditty comes on but plays nothing as the crowd goes wild and Get Ready For THis comes on and the sirens. Have fun doing these on your own! I'm trying to do the crowd mod first. Homerun sounds are last.

Archived