Need help with catcher's mask + cyberface with afro

AstroEric

Gang,

I was in possession of MVP 2004 for a few weeks before I gave in and bought MVP 2005. I'm trying to get into modding slowly but surely, and this forum and the tutorials herein have been a lot of help. Thanks.

I am currently trying to mod Brad Ausmus's catcher's mask/helmet to feature the cowskull, but am having two problems. The first is that after I mod the mask, the transparency for the face is gone. It just occured to me while typing this sentence that after making a portrait last night, if this is because the EAGE is leaving out the metalbin/name? Unfortunately, I'm at work currently and can't get at my files to test this out. Is this a possibility?

Two: I'm having trouble figuring out, on the hhlm or whatever, where the sides are. I can get the top of the skull to look right, but can't figure out where the rest of the horns are when I load it into the game. If anyone else would like to have a go, the helmet looks like:

TheMask.jpg

The back has the Astros star on Texas background:

Ausmus_Brad_Lidge_Brad_01.jpg

Here's a picture of the side. Note the Astros logo going down the side of the faceguard. It's mirrored on the other side:

oJ4R8Swc.jpg

Okay...so problem two is that I'm working on cyberfaces of my friends that come over to play. One of them is a white guy with a sort of curly afro. So far as I can tell, there's not a Mark Friedrich cyberface yet. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what player to use as a base for this?

EDIT: Of course I meant Mark Fidrych. I should've just said Big Bird. I've since read the thread where a Bartolo Colon cyberface went awry. I guess I'll keep trying though.

Thanks,

--Eric

Great Helmet. Being an Astros Fan, I'm trying to install it into the game. Unfortunately, after doing so (possibly incorrectly), the game crashes. Here is how I did it:

1: Opened EAGE

2: Opened u021a.fsh (astros home uniform)

3: Opened hhlm

4: Selected tools>import waizard>import an existant external file into the current open image.

5: Chose asmus hhlm2

It imports everything fine. When I check it, it looks fine. However, when I start a game with that uniform it crashes at the load screen.

Was I supposed to do something with the second file? Did I do this right. I'm really excited about this mask so any help will be appreciated.

I export the fsh and save it uncompressed.

Then open the fsh with fshed and import the mask, then reimport with EAGE

I noticed 2 files in your RAR. Do I only import "asmus hhlm2.bmp" & if so, what is the "asmus hhlm2-a.bmp" file for? (the wire of the mask) And If I am supposed to import both files, how do I import the second file to hhlm without overwriting the first file by this action?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. After looking further, I noticed inside the .fsh, a file called "msk1" Is this what I am supposed to do with the second file?.... Import it there?

no, you do what I said and nothing else

the -a is the alpha which makes the parts between the mesh invisible, it is applied automatically by fshed

So if I am getting you right... this is what I do.

1) I unrar the 2 bmp files from Ausmus.rar to any location I choose.

2) I extract the uniform .fsh file. (I used bigui to do this)

3) I open the uniform file (u21a.fsh) with fshed

4) I navigate to the hhlm part that is located inside the u21a.fsh which I just opened.

5) I click on the icon called "import to" in the fshed program.

6) When the new window opens ("object properties") I click on the button called "new"

7) When the window then opens I import the "asmus hhlm2.bmp" . (I completely ignore the alpha file)

8 ) I then click on the button called "update".

9) I click on "save as" in the fshed program & name the file u21a.fsh

10) I reinsert the u21a.fsh back to the models.big file.

11) I am done.

Archived