Which classic park should I work on next?

Sean O

Hey all-

I don't know the next time i'm going to get a chance to work on modding a new park, but I would love to hear suggestions on what people want next. I'm most interested in creating parks that are either of high historical significance or unique compared to the others, so parks like the Kingdome or 3 Rivers aren't that high on the list.

I guess parks that would work well with TC3 will be the best choice, now that Ebbets has been done to near-perfection.

So, let me know your thoughts, and unique, rare photos of parks are always welcome.

exhibition_stadium_inside_400_0216.jpgexhibition1.jpg

I'm loving it! Loving it!

That is one stadium I would love to see. I saw my first baseball game there when I was 5 or 6 years old... oh the memories. The Jays had their best outfield ever back then, Barfield, Moesby and Bell and Jimmy Key and Dave Steib on the mound... wow.

Other han that, I would have to recommend the Baker Bowl: http://andrewclem.com/Baseball/BakerBowl.html. I can't remember if it was in Tony LaRussa baseball or Earl Weaver baseball, but this was always one of my favourite parks to play in.

I'm loving it! Loving it!

That is one stadium I would love to see. I saw my first baseball game there when I was 5 or 6 years old... oh the memories. The Jays had their best outfield ever back then, Barfield, Moesby and Bell and Jimmy Key and Dave Steib on the mound... wow.

Other han that, I would have to recommend the Baker Bowl: http://andrewclem.com/Baseball/BakerBowl.html. I can't remember if it was in Tony LaRussa baseball or Earl Weaver baseball, but this was always one of my favourite parks to play in.

I have to admit that Baker Bowl was near the top of my list, because it's certainly unique, but it only has rough historical appeal. I guess as a Sox fan I'd like to see the place where we won the 1915 Series, but i'm not sure. The 60' right field wall with the ginormous Lifebuoy sign is certainly inviting.

As for Exhibition, possibly, but I'm thinking more about a little bit older parks. I'm looking for someone to make a good case for a stadium that would fit TC or any other old time mods pretty well. But Baker sure looks inviting.

As for Exhibition, possibly, but I'm thinking more about a little bit older parks

I can't argue with ya about this. Exhibition stadium is nice and all, but there really isn't any historical value.

League park, Los angeles Wrigley field, Kansas city municipal, seal Park, memorial stadium in baltimore. That pic of Shibe in an earlier post is from the 60's-that would be perfect.

The pictures of those parks are actually user made stadiums for the BEST Baseball TEXT simulation ever, Strat-O-Matic baseball. You can check out the game at www.strat-o-matic.com.

The stadiums I posted were made by a fan of the game to act as a backdrop for the text game. It may look like Old TIme Baseball game but it is not.

If you are a true fan of the game, there is no better game then Strat...

Molitor

I guess my last post didn't show up, but i'm considering doing the Huntington Avenue Grounds with the 635' center field. I'm a big Sox fan, and I think it'd be historically appropriate to mod the location of the first ever World Series game.

I'd love to know your thoughts.

Sean'O

how about Exposition Park

Pittsburgh, PA

Originally home to an American Association franchise, Exposition Park later became home to the Pittsburgh Pirates. When the Pittsburgh Alleghenies joined the American Association in 1882, they decided to build a new ballpark along the Allegheny River, across from what

became downtown Pittsburgh, and eventually the site of Three Rivers Stadium and PNC Park. After a couple of years of playing baseball at Exposition Park, the Alleghenies began playing at Recreation Park. The Pittsburgh Alleghenies became the Pittsburgh Pirates of the National League on April 30, 1887. The Pirates played their first game at Exposition Park on April 22, 1891. A covered single tier grandstand extended from the first base side to home plate, and down the third base side. Uncovered bleachers extended down both the first and third base lines. Their was also standing room in right field, and additional seating was on top of the covered grandstand. Because Exposition Park was near the Allegheny River it flooded many times. It also had its roof ripped off two times. After Barney Dreyfuss bought the Pirates, he decided that the club needed a new ballpark. The Pirates last game at Exposition Park was on June 29, 1909. The next day the Pirates moved into Forbes Field. Exposition Park was later demolished is now part of the site of the Pirates current home PNC Park.

Expsition Park Facts

Tenant: Pittsburgh Pirates-Capacity: 16,000-Surface: Grass-Construction Began: 1882

Opened: 1882, April 22, 1891 (MLB)-Closed: June 29, 1909-Demolished: Unknown-Cost: Unknown-Dimensions: 400-L, 450-C, 400-R (original & final)-Architect: Unknown

View from the first base grandstand. Looking toward homeplate.

Archived