MVPMods awards?

cb

Good Idea?  

50 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Has there been anykind of Awards thread of some sort recognizing the hard workers and contributers on the site? I think It would be something fun to do. But It's up to the mods if they would allow it.

To fill you in on what I'm thinking, here's a list of categories:

Best Modder

Best Mod

Biggest Contributer (Most $ Donated)

Most Insightful poster

Most Humurous Poster

and some others for fun.

Best Moderator :lol:

Best signature

Best Avatar (defenatly my dancing bear) :D

Just spitballing the idea here. Feedback?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, we've been discussing something similar among the moderators. But since McDiddy has not been here in a bit, we are waiting for word from him to proceed with an idea.

Also, someone before you did suggest a Mvpmods Hall of Fame. I don't recall who did it now, but it was very similar to what you suggested. That also is on the back burner.

I like this idea, not as much as a MVPMods hall of fame but still a good one.

btw Y4L you can contact McDiddy at his site www.fanfaregames.com

he got forums up on it and has been busy with those recently

I tihnk it's a cool idea. Do we just set up a voting system? With a time limit (to get all votes in)?

Hold up there now Mr Rudi. Anything like this you don't need permission from me to do. I'm just an employee. But if enough people are interested in this, you have to run it by Trues. Because I am sure he has some very good ideas for this.

Hold up there now Mr Rudi. Anything like this you don't need permission from me to do. I'm just an employee. But if enough people are interested in this, you have to run it by Trues. Because I am sure he has some very good ideas for this.

I wasn't really asking permission Y4L, just curious how it would be done. :)

I wasn't really asking permission Y4L, just curious how it would be done. :)

Well, I can answer that too. I have no idea how this can be done. But that is what this thread is for, to throw around ideas.

How bout a spammer of the year award :wink:

Well, I can at least answer these questions. If these awards take place, there's no way there is going to be any recognition for the spammers or the "people who make the stupidest posts". If we do that, some people in here will actually try harder to win these awards. This is the kind of stuff on here we actually want to avoid on this site.

This is a spinoff of Kc's New Years awards which I thoroughly enjoyed. Anyone remember them? Modder of the year? Poster of the year? Argument of the year? New Poster of the year? I really liked them. Entertainment at it's finest.

Great idea. I'm all for it.

Well, I can at least answer these questions. If these awards take place, there's no way there is going to be any recognition for the spammers or the "people who make the stupidest posts". If we do that, some people in here will actually try harder to win these awards. This is the kind of stuff on here we actually want to avoid on this site.

I wouldn've said it if you hadn't. That's the exact opposite of what the awards should be meant for.

Oh, bummer. I had a whole plan typed out earlier but the backup for the site didn't have it. UGG, I'm too tired now, so I'll do it again later.

OK, my idea was to have people nominate users and the first 5 to reach ___ of nominations would be nominees. After all the nominees are chosen, then it would be a secret ballot by getting votes over the time span of a week. then we would have a sort of celebration or something when we announce the winners one by one.

-cb

hey i just noticed.....i would be eligible to have the most humerous posts.....remeber when I fell for the Big Book of Mods thing a while back. And for the celbration will thier be popcorn. I heard there was gona be popcorn!!!

hey i just noticed.....i would be eligible to have the most humerous posts.....remeber when I fell for the Big Book of Mods thing a while back. And for the celbration will thier be popcorn. I heard there was gona be popcorn!!!

i think UncleMo would win that award

Oh, and if you mods decide it's ok, I'd be happy to help out anyway I could. LOL

I'd make a great host. :wink:

Now that would be a hoot!! I might could arrange it if you would want, seeing that Bill is my uncle - :lol: :wink: :lol:

*cough* <-- Best Avatar *cough* :wink: :wink: :wink:

Archived