Good Idea?  

50 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the numa numa guy was funny cause he did it on purpose.

i cant stand you're avatar, its not funny, no one thinks it is, i guess ill have to get used to it

That's fine. No one's saying you have to like it. You could even ask Trues for a disable avatars add-on which he could look into. I thought the same thing when I first saw it. I thought there was something wrong with him/her but I guess I'm going to hell cause I thought that made it funnier. I'm a rotten person though, but you seem like a good person.

Long story short, if there's not one already, you could probably ask Trues for an add-on to disable or enable avatars.

I'm indifferent on this idea, one way or the other. But, think about this...when this site first started, each download had a ranking. Trues took that option away b/c people could vote negatively just b/c they didn't like a particular person. Like I said, makes no difference to me - just something to think about

- peace

Good point you have there bully, but I havn't really seen any bad blood around here in a while. Unless I'm missing something. :shrug:

Good point bigbully, very good point. Modding isn't about popularity. I think the best recognition a modder can get is quite simply just having people download their work. Those statistics already exist.

As for the idea to have an award for the best avatar, well that's a little silly. Most people grab someone else's work from google and throw it up here. If it's going to be a competition, I would like to see some creativity.

Lastly, as Y4L said earlier, the site's administration is reviewing this issue. Please remain patient.

As for the idea to have an award for the best avatar, well that's a little silly. Most people grab someone else's work from google and throw it up here. If it's going to be a competition, I would like to see some creativity.

Very good point. For this I would say five has the best. He made it from scratch and I think that he actually has the best avatar.

Maybe an award for the best ORIGINAL avatar. That would put me out of the running, but hey, it rewards people for their creativity.

For this I would say five has the best. He made it from scratch and I think that he actually has the best avatar.

Even better than the fat kid? Yay me!

in any kind of avatar award five should be top dog cause he has made many others too as he did for the one im useing he made for me

Thanks for the kind words, I thought that Bay pic was hilarious, the reason it became your avatar.

Maybe an award for the best ORIGINAL avatar. That would put me out of the running, but hey, it rewards people for their creativity.

If we did something like this, it would definetly either have to be from scratch or with major modifications.

Like with my avatar, you can see the original picture here:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?l_id=4...1&logo=1104

But I made so many modifications to it, I think it's an original five avatar now.

I'm really satisfied with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is one category we need some nominees for, Breakout Modder of the Year

I would nominate Zach, UncleMo, Jogar, hypnoxx & llcmac, biker-jim, kumala

I know some people must have slipped my mind but of course alot of modders have done stuff in past years so they wouldn't qualify, tell me if I missed you, I know these guys I all posted did some major controbutions, The Spungo could be on the track to this but he hasn't realesed a whole lot of work yet, we will see

Slow down slow down, please please, exclude my name. Leave Biker-jim and the others there though. Thanks TT, but it wasn't that much deserved. I try to be honest and say that I owe it all to emeyekeyaiee and for my sound mods I owe that all to hyman and iansimcox. And my wife for putting up with my nerdy computer skills.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is one category we need some nominees for, Breakout Modder of the Year

I would nominate Zach, UncleMo, Jogar, hypnoxx & llcmac, biker-jim, kumala

I know some people must have slipped my mind but of course alot of modders have done stuff in past years so they wouldn't qualify, tell me if I missed you, I know these guys I all posted did some major controbutions, The Spungo could be on the track to this but he hasn't realesed a whole lot of work yet, we will see

Yeah Tribe, callin' out the 'ole Spungo! I Love it!

And I agree, I haven't released much, but my opus is nearly complete -- an entire KC organization update. After that comes out, we'll see what I can really do in terms of photoshopping uniforms...

As for UncleMo being included, I think that's fair. He released alot of fun stuff, alot of stuff other people never tried, and I respect that. Also, if you ask me, Mo gets my vote for funniest forum poster ...

• 2 weeks later...

if you ask me, Mo gets my vote for funniest forum poster ...

By far. Just look at his avatar! :lmao: Where on earth did you find that Mo? I don't remember Jim Carrey looking like that in any of his movies.

-CB

• 1 month later...

any word on whether an MVPMODS Awards will happen?

As of today, it has not been an active topic among the moderators. But that does not mean it will not happen. I think with the post season fast approaching, you won't see this happen until after the World Series. That's just how I see it.

Archived