T2P and Hyman's Yankee Stadium released!

Y2K

not bad need to work on ur grass tho. i took ur grass out and imported mikes grass cuz he has the best grass. i aslo took out ursky and imported my own hi res sky. Also i think mikew would be mad if u didnt credit him cuz some things in the cram32.fsh is the same as his. such as the dirt and windows.

Um... we used the same grass as him. We just resized the file 30% to decrease the size of the .big file. Secondly, we credited him for the grass and dirt in the readme. Any other file we didn't credit him for was unawareness on our part.

Possibly, I was thinking maybe Petco Park. Hyman is gonna be away for the next 2 weeks, though, so maybe after that.

Yes, nice job. I agree with the hi-res banners comment. Particularly the Addidas ad behind the batters on the pitcher view. Also, the Verizon Ad looks as if it is two colors(near the scoreboard). Other things I noticed; The right field wall where the foul pole is, is a bit higher than the rest of the wall, and there is a patch of grass that seems to 'glow' for lack of a better term between home and third base in foul territory. The grass other than that looks real good in my opinion. Also, I don't know if its changeable, but the scoreboard always says Oakland as opposed to the team thats actually playing. Otherwise, the stadium is good.

Edit: It seems like the night version of the stadium is not well lit.

Yes, nice job. I agree with the hi-res banners comment. Particularly the Addidas ad behind the batters on the pitcher view. Also, the Verizon Ad looks as if it is two colors(near the scoreboard). Other things I noticed; The right field wall where the foul pole is, is a bit higher than the rest of the wall, and there is a patch of grass that seems to 'glow' for lack of a better term between home and third base in foul territory. The grass other than that looks real good in my opinion. Also, I don't know if its changeable, but the scoreboard always says Oakland as opposed to the team thats actually playing. Otherwise, the stadium is good.

What do you mean the Verizon ad is two colors? Do you mean part of it appears to be brighter than others? The Verizon ad is on a part of the stadium that has a sharp corner so that was the effect I was going for. On a day game on TV, you can easily see what it. Here's a picture of what I mean. http://www.shio.org/diary/2003/1002u/dsc05450.small.jpg

The part of the fence that is higher than the rest is EA's doing. Can't do much about that.

The bright patches in the grass down the foul lines are where we removed the MLB and MLBPA logos that not only looked awful but are not there in real life.

There's only so much realism EA put into the scoreboards. They won't display inning by inning scores and they can't put up the right teams. I just took a HQ picture I found and edited it up into the scoreboard image.

Just tried it out, and the stadium as a whole looked great, but I was dissapointed that the scoreboards were not truly updated to show team names, player BA, hits, strikes and balls etc. That was probably my own fault though, when I read it in the install notes, I assumed this would all be in.

All in all though, although I've only played the day version, it looks great. I've not decided if I like the grass and dirt yet, so I'll play a few more games and see how I feel then.

Just tried it out, and the stadium as a whole looked great, but I was dissapointed that the scoreboards were not truly updated to show team names, player BA, hits, strikes and balls etc. That was probably my own fault though, when I read it in the install notes, I assumed this would all be in.

All in all though, although I've only played the day version, it looks great. I've not decided if I like the grass and dirt yet, so I'll play a few more games and see how I feel then.

Sorry if I mislead you, but none of that is possible, at least not this year with this game.

What do you mean the Verizon ad is two colors? Do you mean part of it appears to be brighter than others? The Verizon ad is on a part of the stadium that has a sharp corner so that was the effect I was going for. On a day game on TV, you can easily see what it. Here's a picture of what I mean. http://www.shio.org/diary/2003/1002u/dsc05450.small.jpg

I figured that was the effect you were going for. I wasn't sure if it was curved that way, but knowing that now it looks fine.

I say you got the verizon effect down pretty well

Wow, I agree looking at that pic. My only remaining critiques are the hi-res ads and the night version. There is something different about the Night stadium lighting that I can't put my finger on. Other stadiums seem alot brighter; or maybe its just my imagination.

ok, lol..listen, i dont want to start a little thread war with any of you guys. The stadium from the screenshots looks great. It really does and i'm excited to install the stadium, but here's the thing...

what's the point of the installer? I installed the thing and yet, all the exe did was extract a RAR file with the two stadium BIG files in it. And then theres a shortcut and all that on my desktop and program list, and i click on TURN 2 PRODUCTIONS and Hyman's Yankee Stadium and it tells me that Windows Is searching for YANKSSTADINSTALL.BAt and windows then can't find it...

so my question is, whats the point of the installer,desktop icons, t2p advertisement, smoke screen, disco ball, lazer lava lamps... if i still have to extract the rar myself??

ok, lol..listen, i dont want to start a little thread war with any of you guys. The stadium from the screenshots looks great. It really does and i'm excited to install the stadium, but here's the thing...

what's the point of the installer? I installed the thing and yet, all the exe did was extract a RAR file with the two stadium BIG files in it. And then theres a shortcut and all that on my desktop and program list, and i click on TURN 2 PRODUCTIONS and Hyman's Yankee Stadium and it tells me that Windows Is searching for YANKSSTADINSTALL.BAt and windows then can't find it...

so my question is, whats the point of the installer,desktop icons, t2p advertisement, smoke screen, disco ball, lazer lava lamps... if i still have to extract the rar myself??

It's to annoy the hell out of you.

Archived