I'm thinking about taking the plunge and getting a gamepad

GoChiefs

I've used my keyboard on sports games for the better part of a decade now....with your blessings and reccomendations, I'll grab a controller. Kicking and screaming mind you. :cry:

I don't want to break the bank, so nothing too expensive.

You should get a saitek p880, Iv had it for two years now and it worked like a charm. You can use it for anything. It has analog sticks also. Nothing broke on the controller yet

buy the cheapy logitech at best buy...it costs $15 and I've never had a problem with it once plus its pre-configured as one of the only few that actually work with MVP no problem

I had one of those and I had to put tape around the bottom left side of it to build up the bottom part of it because it hurt my thumb. If it didn't keep resetting itself in the middle of games maybe I would have been able to get used to it. I ended up bringing it back. My advice for anyone wanting to get a gamepad is go to the store and see how they feel in your hands.

in that link, the blue one is one i bought as a back up in case i hated my ps2 converter i mentioned above. since it didn't fail me i gave that controller away. if my ps2 controller goes ghetto, i'll go get that same controller. it has the numbers on the buttons so you can know which number to hit to steal, bunt, etc.

ps i got it for 19.99 at Target.

Definitely don't want a rumblepad. Force feedback is just gay.

Force Feedback doesn't work in any of the EA Sports Games with the rumblepad... :roll:

Still a nice controller.

You should get a saitek p880, Iv had it for two years now and it worked like a charm. You can use it for anything. It has analog sticks also. Nothing broke on the controller yet

I agree. I have a P880 as well and it is awesome.

Do you guys get any issues where you have to recalibrate your controller after each time you boot up the computer?

I use a thrustmaster controller... I like it alot, butit's all whacked out if I don't recalibarte it on each boot-up.

no I have no problems with that.. but I had a logitech wingman rumplepad in the past (version 1) that had to be recalibrated constantly.. I've heard they fixed that in wingman 2 though and it doesn't have those problems

You can turn the rumble effects on or off on the Logitech 2 Rumblepad. The effects are very subtle in MVP. Lets you know when you are aiming your pitch and it will start to vibrate as you get to the latter edges of the strike zone. Makes it a little more challenging to hit the corners too. Also, it will vibrate when one of your runners slides into a bag.

I have the Saitek 2500 too but it has 6 buttons on the face vs. the Logitechs 4. For sports games I prefer 4 on the face and 4 triggers. EA sports games are natively programmed for this.

Do you guys get any issues where you have to recalibrate your controller after each time you boot up the computer?

I use a thrustmaster controller... I like it alot, butit's all whacked out if I don't recalibarte it on each boot-up.

My Thrustmaster doesn't have any issues like that.

Archived