ksm/kumala/serialmike combo

kumala

kumala, is there any way to create a cam view where when batting it is at a slight angle instead of a straight head on view? ex: if you are a lefty batter you see the ball at a different angle than a righty batter?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

silencer, i just use normal swing. never did power up for any of my swings. In order to hit homers I need to make perfect timing and location of swing. You will not see any homers traveling over 500 feet. if you would like to get an updated datafile with a different batting 6 view send me your email.

wait am i missing something about this game or can you power up your swings?

Kumala, sent you a pm with the email address, thanks again.

Zelda55, when I said power up, it has to do with the position of the bat when swinging. You have the option of swinging inside, outside, up or down, along with combos of each. By powering up I am refering to, for a right handed batter, swinging up and to the left. This is a power position that would enhance the chances for a pulled homerun on a pitch somewhat up and in a little. There is no actual button to make the batter hit harder than normal. Sorry for the confusion!

i mostly hit homers when I have perfect timing and location of swing. IF its a high and outside pitch and I push the stick to the upper corner and swing at the right time I will hit a homer, if the timing is off it will come short of being a homer. Like I said I toned it downed so we wouldn't have a slugfest on our hands, and this was done through the help of rodkey.

sorry, kumala. I think the chopiness is from the stadium I installed(Dolphin stadium)

however, I did notice a minor problem after about 5 games.

When a ground ball was hit just to the right of the 1B and the pitcher need to tag me out(not stepping on 1B). All I need to do is a head first dive to miss the tag and be safe on 1st.

I think your getting a little picky on these things. These can be fixed by adjusting the sliders for catch effort or outfield speed. It may look like easy line drives but if the fielder does not have the right angle to the ball, there is no way he is going to catch it.

Sorry, I am not trying to be mean here. I just saw something that I never seen with the original setting and think that you probably want to know.

Hey, I don't care. I scored 4runs later in that inning. I am happy.

I like your datafile's pitching(though I play at -20 in the pitch meter difficulty)

No, I am not getting upset, it was just some fun poking at you. Try the pitch meter at -50 and see how your game goes, by the way any homers?

lots of HRs :wtg:

Well, compare to another datafile you made a while ago in which you can't hit one.

I hit 3 or 4 in as much game so far, computer hit 2 all by Frank Thomas in one single game.

There are however way too many Walks IMO. Buehrle walked 3 with the bases loaded.

Why does everyone want to poke me? :wall:

well thats the purpose of the walk fix, to me the default variables were just to easy. but thanks to spitoon and serial mike the game is more challenging. And another thing "you can put it on the board.... yes!" go sox.

What are your sliders, because I have never had that many walks in my life. Do you even swing the bat. LoL

FYI the slider you provided in page 2.

Yes, I don't swing the bat after the first two innings.

Did I mention that in that 11-3 win. I have a total of ....eh, 1 hit.

man this seems a quality datafile.

at the moment im using jims datafile v2, without walk fix.. because i simply suck at pitching.

but after back to back games even on -50 control and pitch difficulty slider settings

meche and pinerio had 10K's+ each and shut out the redsox at fenway.

this is when i knew i had to change.the thing is my games are very unrealistic at the moment like ichiro has 40 triples and its june!!!!!! it seems every hit with a power guy is a homer and a contact guy goes for extra bases. i lower sliders and its impossible to even get a hit, can't win.

anyways sorry for going off topic but i'll try your data file and make a small adjustment and thats play with K-ZONE on and hopefully it will bring more realism into my dynasty.

nice work kumala :wtg: really appreciate it

Archived