ksm/kumala/serialmike combo

kumala

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok kumala...thanks for sending me the file in email yesterday...

is it possible to add the new fielding cams on page one for ariel and zoom.

and could you send it to me...

mnofsteel34@adelphia.net

and i am going to use your sliders so i can start dynasty :hail: :hail: :hail:

kumula good job :wtg:

should be the best compilation of datafiles i've tried.(altho at this moment i have a bit of difficulty hitting,trying to adjust to the cam angles)

i love the ball physics tho,makes it more realistic,now i hit more over the heads of infielders.

THX man!

Kumala,

The updated datafile is fantastic! I was just curious if you could either email or just put on the board the changes that were made with the position of the pithcer meter. Each adjustment that is made gives me a better idea how the whole datafile works. My email again is steve813@optonline.net if you would rather post that way. Thanks again for all the great work!!!

silencer, the thing that makes a difference is the angle of pitcher in the batterview6, the pitch meter is modded somewhere else, that is something that I am not familiar with. I think ksm 2.5 has a mod to move the pitch meter to the center.

man after a long weekend of work i FINALLY got to try out this datafile.

After 1 game i already noticed more new features in the game, that i haven't expierenced before.

first off now that the k and walk fix is included im getting some really realistic figures when pitching.

6 k's, 2 walks, 7 hits, 3 runs with Jamie Moyer against the braves.

i also found hitting a lot harder but more realistic, at the moment in my dynasty im hitting as a team 350! which is rather high. i would sit on a fast ball every at bat and it would always come.

now i can sit on one and pop it up, ground it out etc.. more frequently. before as long i semi timed my swing i'd always get a hit. now its more realistic.

but what i want to praise you for, is the battle with battles im now having and longer at bats.

it seems im able to achieve high pitch counts, when i bat im able to hit balls out the zone more that go foul. also when pitching i managed to have a 13 pitch battle with chipper jones which shattered my previous high of about 7.

i got ahead in the count but he kept fending off everything both in and out the zone,until he popped up. the cpu makes more contact out the zone now and will swing a lot more than before.

all in all, a brilliant mix of datafiles. credit goes to everyone involved :wtg:

vinnycast....what sliders are you using and what difficulty

hey sorry for the delayed response, been busy.

erm...on pro. using kumulas sugested sliders on earlier pages with the following adjustments because i'm such a lame pitcher lol:hmph:

ok 1st change:

PITCHING DIFFICULTY raised to 0 from -50, i just can't pitch realisticly with the value at -50 unless it's santana or randy j or pedro etc....

and when your the mariners who absolutely stink when it comes to pitching i needed some more help.

every pitch was a "mistake pitch" ie you see the cirlce appear, and although i got lots of ground outs and fly balls, i thought to myslef this is a joke my innings are over in 4/5 pitch's because i couldnt put together more than 2 pitches what weren't a mistake pitch.

at 0 and sometimes +2 or +3 i get a lot of lates and earlies but not many "mistake pitch circles" appearing.

pitch counts are a lot higher like in my chipper jones example above, i can now pitch 3 k's in 3 pitches or go into a long 10 pitch battle with a batter. lots of fun to be honest, i never get the same at bat twice.

Second Change

CPU SWING FREQUENCY i can;t remember kumala's value but i changed thiss value to -30(sorry kumala/mnofsteel34 if you did suggest -30) but to stop every bad pitch being crushed for a homer or hit i had to make pitching slightly more easier plus stop the CPU swinging.

so far by setting -30 the cpu takes more pitches which is good because before they swang at every bad pitch i made (and believe me there was LOADS lol) what drove me to lower this to -30 was the fact that, meche would haved pitched 30 odd pitches and be already into the 6th inning and have conceded either 10 runs or just 2 with 0 k's and 0 walks because the count never lasted that long.

and FINALLY the third change

CPU PITCHING CONTROL = -50

Again realism here was the key, ok FINE if curt schilling or pedro (basically a great pitcher)pitches 3 or 4 pitches to every batter and got a strikeout every time then ok, i would leave this value alone because come on, these kind of guys dominate week in week out

BUT

when some nobody colorado 5th starter comes on and pitches k after k, (because your not swinging your just trying to increase the pitch count)and ab's are only lasting a max of 4 pitches i cant handle that.

i want low pitched ab's sometimes but i also wants walks and full counts if i don't swing.

so there you have it, another long winded essay. it's helped though passed the time until the all-star game lol

hopes this helps guys, well worth a try this datafile, especially considering the hitters eye camera is alot better now than its origional state. helps with batting a lot :wtg:

kumula, can you send me the datafile that fixes the problem where the pitch meter is behind the pip?

and also

with abhall low batting cam

my e-mail is guy.lachance@videotron.ca

vinnycast, how dare change my sliders around, nah just kidding I will give those a try and see how it goes, hows it going with the datafile. By the way I went ahead and created my own datafile from scratch. I did put ksm latest changes to the batterreplay but everything else is pretty much my own changes, feels good and games are fun. Had some great games with this one and I seem pretty happy with results. It also has the original hitters eye cam, trues center four cam and some of the cams from ksm, as fielding the only change was the broadcast. I didn't like the swriling cams in between innings so I decided do one from scratch.

vinnycast, how dare you change my sliders around, nah just kidding I will give those a try and see how it goes, hows it going with the datafile. By the way I went ahead and created my own datafile from scratch. I did put ksm latest changes to the batterreplay but everything else is pretty much my own changes, feels good and games are fun. Had some great games with this one and I seem pretty happy with results. It also has the original hitters eye cam, trues center four cam and some of the cams from ksm, as fielding the only change was the broadcast. I didn't like the swriling cams in between innings so I decided do one from scratch.

Wow, I thought the computer walk too much and vinnycast said it doesn't walk enough :chin:

So far so good with my A's dynasty.(wait, Kendall leading my team in HR? :duh: )

Well, just had some good luck with him and hit 5. :hail:

• 3 weeks later...

Kumala,

I think I would be about the 500th person to ask this but...

kumula, can you send me the datafile that fixes the problem where the pitch meter is behind the pip?

and also

with abhall low batting cam

LOL

This datafile is killer I might add. You should re-release it with the pip/meter problem fixed becuase for anyone who uses the btp view, it makes it almost unplayable since you cant see the meter against a lefty with anyone on base. Didnt catch it on this thread but is the 'abhall' batting cam like the HighHeat cam? The HighHeat camera is the one Im acustomed to.

Anyway, rock on and keep up the great work!

email: thr33nil@hotmail.com

Actually changing the abhall HH batting cam isnt that hard. I can go ahead and do that myself. The #6 pitching cam is whats giving me fits. I tried to change it over to Pared's style BHP but I come up with a very strange, unplayable angle. So Im guessing some other values that I dont know about were tinkered with.

If anyone knows what the BHP meter/PIP solution is specifically, please just post it so we can do it ourselves and dont have to bug Kumala to send out a million datafiles via email.

Archived