Spring training minigames, what am I doing wrong?

GoChiefs

I tried it once with Crawford and got 60k score and i got +1 power/contact versus righties just for Crawford. Not really worth it. On the other hand the pitching mini game is good cause it will give control to all your pitchers, but like you said its a pain. I think the most i got was +4 control for all pitchers with Pedro once.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finally got to ST and gave the mini-games my first shot. I was able to get +1 for a young catcher of mine and +4 for a young starter of mine. It may not seem like much, but 5 years down the road there's going to be an appreciable difference in the numbers for your players if you use the mini-games to increase the ratings on your young-ones.

Almost worthless to try with established studs.

For spring training I usually will have to stop on the batters one because I go so Hige and on the pitchers one I usually stop too so I don't waste time. The most you can get is +5. And level is not high enough at all you need at least 8 for +5 on batters.

On the hitting mini-game, what pitcher style do you guys prefer? Of course, some styles are easier to pick up the pitch than others. I haven't tried all of them yet, but would like to hear which style you find the 'easiest'.

Archived