Is this a good buy?

Bama

yes and no.

do you have agp or pci or pci-e slots for your video card?

for that price range i'd get:

ATI Radeon 9200 128mb video card if you do not plan on buying games like Half Life 2 and Battlefield 2.

Or else I'd go to ebay and buy the

ATI RADEON 9600 XT 256mb card. That card is still in your price range and should be way better. Stay away from the 5200 that you are looking at.

I agree with UncleMo....the 5200 will work, but it's got a reputation as a rather weak card...Make sure you know what kind of card your computer can accept, PCI, AGP, or PCI-E

If it's AGP, for $80-$100 dollars you should be able to get an ATI 9600, or even a 9600Pro...

I am running a FX 5200 128 MB on my current machine and it plays MVP great.

It also runs BF 2 without major problems at Med range Graphics, IMO that card would be a good deal

ask someone better than me. wait and see if someone on this site can walk you through it. if not, look your PC up on the manufacturers website.

Matter of fact why not list your PC specs here so someone can help you better. In the meantime go look it up on the manufacturers website.

A link to your manufacturer's website with model number would be great...otherwise, if you can look inside your computer and look for the ports you can tell...

You WILL have PCI slots, but you need to determine if you have an AGP (or PCI-E) slot...

PCI slots are white and you should have 3-5 of them, if you have an AGP slot it will be on top of the PCI slots. An AGP slot will be a brown (rarely green) slot closest to the CPU and fan set back slightly from the PCI slots...

A PCI-E slot will usually be black or blue and will be above the PCI slots as well...you won't have both AGP and PCI-E, so you are looking for one or the other or none (just the white PCI slots).

Here are a couple of examples:

AGP slot:

C460-1105-out2-hl.jpg

PCI-E slot:

M452-2804-out2-hl.jpg

I am running a FX 5200 128 MB on my current machine and it plays MVP great.

It also runs BF 2 without major problems at Med range Graphics, IMO that card would be a good deal

Me too and for multi task - this is another reason U should get 5200

PA052057.jpg

3 Monitor hehe Now that help for photoshop, movie , & gaming.

And BaMa if U figure out your only option is PCI get the 5700le pci or 5200, it should run MVP with no problem at all.

Me too and for multi task - this is another reason U should get 5200

PA052057.jpg

3 Monitor hehe Now that help for photoshop, movie , & gaming.

And BaMa if U figure out your only option is PCI get the 5700le pci or 5200, it should run MVP with no problem at all.

good god - how many missles can you launch at once from inside that bunker? :duh:

Archived