Site (database) upgrade: Please read

Trues

Well, the downloads module has been re-activated and the speed is pretty comparable to when it wasn't enabled (for me at least), which is good news. I just hope it sticks that way.
the module might be on but the files are still missing

Trues can you increase the Sig character limit again when you get a chance

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the module might be on but the files are still missing

Trues can you increase the Sig character limit again when you get a chance

Absolutely

Yeah it's working pretty fast for me again too....it was a little slow earlier tonight but I know that's when Trues was working on it. Nice job Trues, good luck getting the downloads back up again too. Later!!!

The problem with the site seems to be connection issues.. there may be an overload of activity loading things to be displayed and a bottleneck is created as someone said.. early today I was seeing 2 minute delays before the site connected but once it did it loaded pretty fast

The problem with the site seems to be connection issues.. there may be an overload of activity loading things to be displayed and a bottleneck is created as someone said.. early today I was seeing 2 minute delays before the site connected but once it did it loaded pretty fast

That was due to the forum block on the front page. You'll notice it's gone now and things move much better. When I can get that working a little better, I'll put it back up, but not until then.

Since the updating of the site, for some reason I can't seem to get ANYTHING to download anymore. I tried first with the NLC concept jersies and that came up with an error message(Winrar doesn't work now). Then I tried the Miller Park mod and that didn't work either (I could get into Winzip, but nothing came up from it) and the same thing happened when I tried to download one of the roster files. Is it something that I just maybe need to upgrade both Winzip and Winrar, or is it something to do with the site itself?? What do you think Trues, help me out if you can. Thanks!!!

Good to see that you seem to have corrected the speed issues.. although I've heard there are problems with the downloads section.. I haven't tried to download anything since so I don't know first hand

I just want to thank Trues for the download section upgrades, I love the review feature

You're very welcome, I'm glad you like it.

Plenty more to do, but it's a start.

Since the updating of the site, for some reason I can't seem to get ANYTHING to download anymore. I tried first with the NLC concept jersies and that came up with an error message(Winrar doesn't work now). Then I tried the Miller Park mod and that didn't work either (I could get into Winzip, but nothing came up from it) and the same thing happened when I tried to download one of the roster files. Is it something that I just maybe need to upgrade both Winzip and Winrar, or is it something to do with the site itself?? What do you think Trues, help me out if you can. Thanks!!!

the same thing is happening me too i try to download someting and it says cannot open the C:Documents and setting.....temporary internet files folder(what ever the name of the file is) i never had this issue with downloading before does anyone might know i might fix this

the same thing is happening me too i try to download someting and it says cannot open the C:Documents and setting.....temporary internet files folder(what ever the name of the file is) i never had this issue with downloading before does anyone might know i might fix this

Have you tried clearing your cookies?

Trues site changes like every day i come to the site. Some times i'm like YES!! Then sometimes i'm like NO!! when it gets changed back. Can we stick to something for a while?? Or maybe give user an option to select diff templates or somethin?? A links section would be convenient to add other MVP sites to the list. Its not like we have such a robust community that you have worry about competition. This is probably the biggest MVP site out there so it would be good to help promote other MVP sites and try and make our community sites available to as many users as possible. Also, right now the site is way too wide for me I have to scroll in order to view the right navigation. YOu had one setup sometime earlier last week that was pretty slick. But anyhow, I do appreciate your efforts to improve the site.

Can we stick to something for a while?? Or maybe give user an option to select diff templates or somethin??

Themes are coming in the next week.

A links section would be convenient to add other MVP sites to the list.

We had that up until the site upgrade. It was never used.

Also, right now the site is way too wide for me I have to scroll in order to view the right navigation.

You know you can control how the site looks. You can control which modules are opened or closed just look for the minus.gifplus.gif symbols. You can even hide whole columns.

That should help with that problem.

Also, please remember that the site is still being upgraded. That hard part is out of the way, but everyday there will be tweaks and small upgrades. It's part of the process. Please bare with us.

The links we had will be put back in. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Dkknight, I don't do this for kicks. The upgrade was needed for various reasons to improve the site.

Like five said, I'm not done yet. Please have patience. I do have a life outside of mvpmods.

Archived