Probably impossible, but...boxscores?

AstroEric

Is there any way to read the game output, similar to what SavReader does, except to compile boxscores or even play-by-play? It'd make the dynasties a ton easier to write, I think.

--Eric

The only way would be to write a program that takes the information straight from the system memory. It's possible, but something that may take a while. I have been considering giving it a shot, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I thought the same MarkB...something like ArtMoney might work, since it's able to access memory locations while the program is running.

I tried once for a few minutes, but my searches turned up nothing.

That's what I meant by game output, but I ain't so fancy schmancy or technologically adept. Some sort of program that would piggyback on the MVP exe and store info AS you play the game.

--Eric

With screenshots, though, you have to type out all the information yourself, and some things aren't shown on the boxscore. Theoretically, it would be possible, using the methods mentioned above, to create a program that not only records the boxscore in a text file, but records pitch counts, time and day of game, location etc.

I've never actually tried ArtMoney (don't particularly like owner mode), but if I do give the idea a shot, that's probably where I'll start.

Archived