Harrisburg Senators/ Tampa Bay Devil Rays switch uploaded

raindelay7

This mod moves the Harrisburg Senators to the MLB and moves the Tampa Bay Devil Rays down to AA. Kinda weird, but it is actually a lot of fun to play a fantasy draft dynasty with Harrisburg in the MLB.

Just about all the files are switched including unis, logos, audio...the Senators play in the Trop, but that can be switched by renaming stadiums in stadium file if you choose.

Pretty much everything is installed with an easy gfxpak .bat file and i provide easy instructions and files for switching the text (team names and abbreviations) too. I might switch some more minor league teams myself but please feel to use .bat files etc. as a kind of template for doing your own team installs or whatever (extra notes about what .bat does are provided within the .bat files that can be viewed by right-clicking .bat and selecting "edit")

Big thanks to everyone who assisted me in forums while I was putting this together - especially Hory for coming through with the extracted and switched audio files.

Kinda insulting, but good for people who dont like the Devil Rays. However, like it or not, they do have a future with some decent young players, and have a propensity to step up their game when they play the Yanks. But really, the Devil Rays are still better than the Senators.

from Yankee4Life on download page:

"Not bad, but I have one question

I think you did a great job putting the Devil Rays in AA ball. Personally I would have gone even further than that. You know, like contracting the whole lot of them.

Now for my question: why did you want to bring a minor league team up to the majors? I don't think this is a bad mod at all. Imagine the possibilities of what you can do next. Good work! "

LOL, i hear you - hey the yanks cleaned their clocks last night!

To answer your question... At first I wanted to just place a complete fantasy team in mlb but my photoshop skills are just not at that level so I thought the next best thing would be to put a little known minor league team in there and pretend it was "mine". I really got into playing baseball simulations with fantasy teams with OOTP6 (also with APBA and strat-o-matic) - it seemed kind of silly at first but it is amazing how immersive it can be: it is like you are inside your own little baseball world and not merely simulating RL mlb. My dream is that the site and maybe the Total Classics masters will get behind doing a complete fantasy team league project maybe based on MVPmods members home towns.

- my god, i hope i don't sound too crazy lol

and yes, i learned so much by doing this project - probably pretty basic stuff by master modder standards but it was a tremendous amount of work for me.

anyway, thnks for you comments

Kinda insulting, but good for people who dont like the Devil Rays. However, like it or not, they do have a future with some decent young players, and have a propensity to step up their game when they play the Yanks. But really, the Devil Rays are still better than the Senators.

sorry when i last posted in this thread and went to have dinner i didn't even realize anyone else had posted here...

jogar , this mod was not intended in any way as an insult to the Devil Rays - i actually respect the Rays and think once they get their pitching together they are going to be a very, very good team. And how can anyone not like lou? the man bleeds pine tar - a total old school passionate baseball maniac which is very refreshing in this era of number-crunching geek management by committee.

anyway, sorry if i offended - the mod was really about getting a different team into MLB and not so much about taking one out.

Archived