If Using Player Progression Mod, Please Download v3

billharris44

I was notified this week of some strange things happening with baserunning ratings for created rookies by someone using the progression mod. All rookies were being created with baserunning ratings of 0.

We tested this mod for nearly a thousand seasons prior to release with no problems, so I was totally baffled. After not being able to troubleshoot it via e-mail, I did some testing today. The first thing I did was apply the third EA patch, and when I did the rookie draft was screwed up in terms of baserunning ratings.

In the baserunning.csv file (extracted out of rookie.big), there are values for baserunning ability by star and position (it's a percentile distribution from 0-99). Previous to the third patch, the game didn't care if you regrouped the positions--for example, if one set of ratings applied for C only, you could change it to apply to by C and 3B, as an example.

That doesn't work with the third patch, for whatever reason. So I restored the original position groupings. The change is so minor I don't think anyone would even notice it, and the effect on stats should be minimal, but more importantly, rookies now have the correct baserunning ratings again.

I'm very sorry that this wasn't discovered sooner, but last week was the first time anyone reported it to me, and I was so burned out from the mod that I only played the game for a few hours after we finished, so I never saw it.

"Player Progression Mod v3" is available in the downloads section now. The only change is in the rookie.big file. That will fix the baserunnings ratings problem.

Yes, it will work fine. However, if you've already completed your first season and held a draft with v2 (after installing the third EA patch), your created rookies might have baserunning ratings of 0 and correspondingly low speed. Every draft going forward, though, will work fine since you've installed v3.

If you haven't finished your first season, you're in good shape. Just install v3 and when you hold your first rookie draft, everything will work fine.

The mod can be installed during any season with no problem. It's not used during the season. Those files are only accessed after the season to create the new batch of rookies.

hello. first of all, i want to thank you for your efforts on this mod. i just want to ask if you or anyone else has noticed that a lot of the rookies are being generated with very low power ratings (<10) for one side(lhp or rhp), esp. for some of the lower round draft positional platers. i was wondering if this was an intentional feature or if this is another bug. thanks.

hello. first of all, i want to thank you for your efforts on this mod. i just want to ask if you or anyone else has noticed that a lot of the rookies are being generated with very low power ratings (<10) for one side(lhp or rhp), esp. for some of the lower round draft positional platers. i was wondering if this was an intentional feature or if this is another bug. thanks.

Tell me what you're seeing. Quite a few 1-star prospects should have power from 0-10 (never a 1B, though), but even at 2 stars there should be less than 10% of the prospects with power between 0-10. Could you check and see if you're seeing any four or five star prospects with power between 0 and 10, for example? Because if you are, that's definitely a third patch issue, unfortunately.

Tell me what you're seeing. Quite a few 1-star prospects should have power from 0-10 (never a 1B, though), but even at 2 stars there should be less than 10% of the prospects with power between 0-10. Could you check and see if you're seeing any four or five star prospects with power between 0 and 10, for example? Because if you are, that's definitely a third patch issue, unfortunately.

ahh, i get it. i don't think its a bug then as most of the players are rated according to what you've said. although, i found quite a few 2-star'ed young players with the really low power rating. maybe its my lousy drafting skills. i'll attach a picture just to make sure we're talking about the thing here. anyways, thanks for responding so quick.

imataqito,

I just realized that I looked at the other ratings when I was fixing the baserunning ratings issue--I had totally forgotten that when I first saw your post. Everything looked fine except for baserunning.

Statistically, there's a 4% chance that a 2-star 3B will have power below 10. Mostly, very low power ratings will happen with 1-star rookies (SS, 2B, and C more than the other positions).

Some of those guys will still develop into nice players, but like most late round draftees, the odds are against them. However, I set up the distributions so that a guy like Mike Piazza can still happen.

imataqito,

I just realized that I looked at the other ratings when I was fixing the baserunning ratings issue--I had totally forgotten that when I first saw your post. Everything looked fine except for baserunning.

Statistically, there's a 4% chance that a 2-star 3B will have power below 10. Mostly, very low power ratings will happen with 1-star rookies (SS, 2B, and C more than the other positions).

Some of those guys will still develop into nice players, but like most late round draftees, the odds are against them. However, I set up the distributions so that a guy like Mike Piazza can still happen.

OK, that's great to hear. once again, great work by you and your testers on a fabulous mod. BTW, what ever happened to GoneGold?

Archived