Create a Stadium Mod Information

Sean O

Hey everyone-

So I've been snooping around in the create-a-stadium file (venuday/nite.big, for reference), and actually managed to make some progress in figuring out the complex file system. In previous attempts, I noticed that the mstadium.o file, the file responsible for virtually everything you see in an EA stadium .big file, contained virtually nothing relating to the park as you see it. in other words, you couldn't see any of the walls or seating or, well, anything else, so I assumed the wall and everything was hardcoded. This presented a problem.

Fortunately today I gave it another look, and after looking at every file in the venuday .big, managed to locate the surprisingly obviously titled removable.ord/orl. For those interested, apparently mvp requires that every single .big file have the same files, so I've been ignoring these files to this point, since every other stadium just has empty files for removable.ord/.orl. Now I understand their existence.

So, in this file is every single thing you can add to the park, walls, seating, everything. It's pretty exciting. Hopefully after I finish Classic Yankee I can mess around with this and get some interesting graphical results, to replace the terrible create-a-stadium that shipped with the game. Then, with that and artmoney, PC users will be able to make owner mode finally something acceptable.

Wish I'd had known you were having trouble finding the removable files. I found them when I was trying to design my outfield grass.

I just haven't looked for anything relating to CAS in a long time, so I was glad to find it. As for the grass, have you figured out a good way to expand the grass' size without stretching or warping? It's a major problem in some of the parks I've edited, and I've pretty much just had to edit the field.fsh file to fix it. It's pretty annoying.

Sure would be cool if EA Sports had given us a create a stadium program. One way more intense and detailed than the in-game one.

That's why it's great knowing how to mod parks, you don't need a program, and the program would never be able to offer you the customizability I have now. It's cool like that.

Honestly I'm so cluttered with things I would love to do I don't even know where to start.

I know you said you didn't want a CAS program, Sean O, but I wonder if they could have something like that on there. I mean, Tiger Woods has (had? Havent bought 05 or 06 yet) a course architect that I believe was made by Headgate. It had walls and such on it and allowed for the creation of textures and structures by players. I wish MVP could do that. I imagine the 3-D crowd would make that somewhat difficult though.

This sounds great, Sean O! Having the ability to create stadiums with other than the crappy models that came with the geame would be awesome! Can't wait to see the end result.
me too!

• 6 months later...

If you have the time maybe you could create a tutorial on how to do this stadium modding or talk to somebody and maybe get a CAS program together. I know this would be a lot of work but I would just be satisfied with a readme tutorial.

I can't wait to see what you are going to come up with because of these discoveries. Although I know it will be sweet.

Archived