Problem re-installing the game.....

gcurrier2004

Everything was going fine till it tried to install the skyday file..... after I couldnt do the normal installation, i tried just taking the files off of disk two and put them in myself..... but I when i was copying the files from disk 2 to the stadium folder, I had a problem with the skyday file...... it says "Cannot copy skydday: Data error (cycle redundancy check) thanks for the help in advance.....

I don't think there is a way to exclude a file durring the install. First I would clean the cd. Just use water. Then I would try reinstalling again. If that doesnt work. Use Nero Drive speed to slow your CD-rom down to 16x. If 16x doesnt work try 4x. The install may take a very long time on these options however.

If you do not have nero drive speed go to this website. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/nerodrivespeed.html

I don't think there is a way to exclude a file durring the install. First I would clean the cd. Just use water. Then I would try reinstalling again. If that doesnt work. Use Nero Drive speed to slow your CD-rom down to 16x. If 16x doesnt work try 4x. The install may take a very long time on these options however.

If you do not have nero drive speed go to this website. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/nerodrivespeed.html

Thanks for you help.... .I actully just got it... .I just left clicked the CD and just burned a new second disk.... It actully allowed me to install the game...... Thanks again

Some games that have a key code do not have a high level of protection on them. And probably the reason burning a CD can fix problems on the original is the same reason I told gcurrier2004 to use nero drive speed. CD Drives rarely perform at their maximum speed for a length of time while writing a cd.

Some games that have a key code do not have a high level of protection on them. And probably the reason burning a CD can fix problems on the original is the same reason I told gcurrier2004 to use nero drive speed. CD Drives rarely perform at their maximum speed for a length of time while writing a cd.

I did have trouble making a second disk... I would "explor" the MVP disk 2 then pretty much copy and past all the files from it to a seperate folder, then the file that was not work "skyday" I just left that out, then downloaded it off of here and put it in the folder as well, then I just burned those files to a DVD and when i reinstalled the game it asked me to put disk 2 in, so just put the burned DVD in and thank god it worked! btw I cannot play the game with burned dvd.... I have to have the actual MVP disk... but it plays fine....

Interesting. When I tried installing the game on my other computer, I got a couple of messages saying that files could not be copied over; I clicked retry and it fixed them except for the last one. When I get to 100%, I keep getting an error. I havn't spend much time trying to fix it though, I'm sure I'll be able to.

Archived