Metrodome WIP

Pirate

Best WIP post ever.

Pirate, do you mind checking on something for me?

1). can you see if EA actually built the rest of the stadium behind the fabric walls in the right field stands? I'm not sure exactly when they put those "walls" in, whether or not it predated the original MVP.

2). Can you see if there are any extra elements near the left field wall to build up the "hockey wall" from the early 90s? They were gone by the time '94 came around, but I'd still like to know if it's possible.

Thanks.

Stupid lazy EA Sports. It's so weird, because sometimes they go through so much extra effort for absolutely no reason, while in other cases they'll go as lazy as possible. I don't know if you've ever looked at Cleveland Stadium, but they actually built the complete parking lot behind center field, despite the fact that it's impossible to see from any angle. It helped me out a ton on Baltimore Memorial, since everything I needed for the parking lot was just sitting there.

Glad we have vertices for the hockey glass.

I don't understand the reasoning behind EA sometimes on these stadiums, take Fenway for example, they knew it was going to be a popular stadium (a Red Sox is on the cover) and they knew since atleast December that the new seating would be added on the right field roof. They could have asked for technical aspects from the Red Sox organization and made the park accurate. Instead, they just redid the 2004 season stadium.

Well I got left field wall done. I need a shot of the milk jug or a photo of a land o lakes milk jug.

metrodome2.jpg

These stadiums are funny, but look at Comiskey (US Cellular) the walls are blue and the Steel is white still in the Original version. It's been black for three years.

Actually, the right field roof seating was there in 2004, so it's been inaccurate in the MVP version for two years. I can't believe how lazy EA is with their updated games. It's one thing if they had to completely create MVP from scratch every year, but they have a full season to just make some modifications. When modders who don't even get paid can put way more effort into the parks than the design team, with greatly inferior tools, either EA needs to get their act together or they need to release their actual park editors.

Imagine what we could do if we didn't have to deal with oedit garbage and could create and delete vertices instead of harvesting them from other areas. It'd change everything.

Even putting vertices aside, their choice in ad placement leaves alot to be desired. Are you telling me they couldn't come up with MORE generic advertisements to place and made ones that somewhat resembled what belonged there?

Don't even get me started on the Turner Field scoreboard. Imagine trying to get that field too look remotely close without OEdit at your disposal.

But we seem to be derailing his thread.

Just to let you all know MauerPower did provide the Baggy graphic months ago. I need a milk jug graphic for there Go Milk or whatever that is in the right field corner. This should be done soon. I just have to create some graphics and make the whole darn thing bluer.

most of the stadiums before being modded by the fine stadium modders here at mvpmods really suck. for instance, the padding at the ted is all wrong, the all star pattern has been phased out since 2003, the flags stop at 2001 (ours stop at 2004, but that's for another day), and just doesn't look like the real ted. i can say the same for most stadiums done by ea sports before mvpmodders step in. i have a feeling they haven't touched some of these stadiums in years. the whole scoreboard issues was excusable, they probaly didn't have enough time to emulate the big board in time.

Most of the EA stadiums do look like complete garbage. If it wasn't for the modders, I wouldn't even play this game. The worst one might be the Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati. The EA version is horribly ugly compared to the real thing.

To go with the new Metrodome mod, it would be great if somebody could make a broadcast cam that follows the ball specifically for the Metrodome. I use a KSM datafile, and the camera angles work for all stadiums except for the Metrodome and Shibe park.

Shoot, I apologize for not sending the ads your way as I got them done. It looks as though you have gone ahead and made almost all of them.

I'll send the ones I have done so far just in case you want to use them.

LOOKS GREAT SO FAR!!!

It's a beautiful Baggy Mauer. Send em along it will still be a colaboration, I really need the right field corner ad and the Milk Jug. This should be done tonight or tomarrow. I got it all blued up and got the retired guys on the walls, it looks sweet. I am at work so you'll have to believe me until I can post the pics.

I sent you a couple emails last night to your gmail account. Included were the ads for the strip of red that goes around the middle part of the sections in the seating. Also sent banners of retired players, but now I see you already got them. I sent the best two pictures I could find of the Grip N Go milk thing in the corner. And two high-res pics of the dome for placing the ads I sent.

Great work, again!

Archived