New type of Portrait

Gige56

You like this portrait?  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I thought it waws because he didn't know I was talking about generic faces. Maybe generics have alphas and regular players don't?

When a person is using MVPedit, like me, every player gets an alpha, including current players. But, since I am creating a new type of portrait, I think an alpha is not needed. Comparing my portrait to, lets say the world renown Hory's, he doesn't have a background and mine will. Nothing against Hory's work, just first modder that popped in my head. Hory is still by far much better now than I will ever be.

Excellent work G56. I guess I am in the minority, but I think your first batch was the best.

I could do both, one for the WBC Mod and another for the MVP 2006 Mod.

Alphas are to tell the game what parts of the image are transparent. If you'll open an alpha image, it's reduced to positive and negative, aka either black and white or black and nothingness. The black parts are rendered transparent by the game.

So, when you don't need the transparent parts around the head, you don't need an alpha file.

--Eric

Sorry Eric, this literally just came to me. His doesn't need the alpha whereas I can make alphas an all white image so for my particular mod it will just show everying, just like for his mod here.

Archived