Forum Fanatics-Mod Squad teams UPDATE

Yankee4Life

Hello, I have been asked by some people about the progress of this recently and I sent Fuzzone a PM not too long ago asking him about the possible release date for this. This is what he told me in a PM:

regarding the forum fanatics/mod squad -- i've already had talks with alextony and the rest of the boys and they want to make another TC update(TC 5) which will include mod squad/legend/forum fanatics.

i believe it'll be about 2 weeks time.

So that's that. This mod has not been forgotten, but as Fuzz said previously, it would be released after TC4. The only difference now is that before they were not going to do a full update on TC4. What I mean to say is that the other guys were not going to work on TC5, only Fuzz was and he was going to add the MS-FF teams for the next release. But with the other guys working on TC5, it is going to be good news for us in two ways: it'll be another version of the popular Total Classics series and this one will have our MS-FF teams. So all I can say is have patience and you will not regret it.

Thank you everyone and thank you to all the Total Classics boys!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he bullied his way in to taking over the project because he was THE ONLY person that could get it done in a timely manner?

And that is true Kraw. He works on other things too. The popular Total Classics Mod that was just released recently. And the FF and MS teams will be on TC5. I can wait.

Did people rush Leonardo Davinci when he painted the Sistine Chapel? Did they say to him "hey, hurry up up there"? No, they didn't. We can't rush an artist like Signore Fuzz. I can wait. :lol:

I guess there's no chance of me getting on the Forum Fanatics is there?

No, this was done in November and all the rosters are set.

• 3 weeks later...

Shortly after New Year's when we started working on Total Classics Phase 5, I asked Fuzz about the Mod Squad / Forum Fanatics rosters that we were going to add to TC5. He told me that he wasn't sure how long it would take him to do all the work, since he was heading back to school and his schedule was pretty busy.

I told him that if it was mainly a matter of putting the rosters together based upon everything that was sent to him or listed in the Mod Squad / Forum Fanatics thread, I would be willing to help. Since I had worked on the roster changes for TC3 and TC4 and had also added portraits and faces, I was comfortable with MVPEdit. Fuzz welcomed my help and although it took a while, he finally had a chance to send me everything that he had yesterday afternoon.

I looked through the information he sent me as well as the submitted player info on the thread in the forums and have the following comments:

1. From the files I got from Fuzz and looking at the thread, I was able find player info for 35 players (11 MVPMods Legends, 9 Mod Squad, 15 Forum Fanatics). Considering that there are supposed to be 75 players in total, there are a lot of missing player profiles.

In addition, in the thread, I found player info for 3 players (Chewy, ftballhead6 and Wolfy6finger) who are not listed on any of the rosters. The same goes for the JamieBatista.mep file in one of the .rar files Fuzz sent me. The thread also mentions a few names that were removed (BigSchmooz - Denied Acceptance, BaseballHeadDan - Not Valid/Spot Open). I'm not sure what is supposed to be done about these two spots.

2. In the files Fuzz sent, there are two large .mep files -- ModSquad.mep and 21players.mep that he said the he received from Snash and Kraw They are bigger than individual .mep files, so I wasn't sure if they were actually .met files. I made copies of the files and gave them .met extensions. No matter what extension is used, however, I

can't read the files into MVPEdit. I either get the error message "This

file is not a valid MET file" or the message "This file is not a valid MEP

file".

3. The thread mentions 3 teams: MVPMods Legends, the Mod Squad and the Forum Fanatics. I'm not sure which 3 teams in TC are supposed to be replaced by these new teams. Two immediately come to mind: the MVP Legends and the MVP Heroes, but what is the 3rd team?

4. Since many of the players on the rosters did not have info, Fuzz suggested that I could simply make up the player info myself. By making up numbers, I'm sure that I'm going to make someone upset. In addition, nowhere did I find any information listing starting lineups, batting orders, pitching rotations, etc. Again, anything I choose will make someone unhappy.

If there were a few players on each team (3 or less) that needed to be created from scratch, and I knew that they were reserves, I wouldn't care so much. It just seems to me that this project is nowhere near ready to be put into TC5. I thought that I was mainly going to be doing data entry work, and not creating the players myself.

My opinion is that until more work is done on this, it can't go into TC. The TC team has spent too much time and effort into getting TC right to tarnish it with half-done work.

If the Mod Squad / Forum Fanatics rosters are EVER going to get into TC, it will take a lot of work (more than any one person can do) and we'll need roster info for all players, not just the ones we have, as well as suggested starting lineups, batting orders, pitching rotations, etc.

We've got about a month's worth of changes that we've made to TC (new portraits, new faces, a few roster tweaks, a uniform change) and realistically, we could probably release another version of TC within a week or two. If we were to do that, I don't see the Mod Squad / Forum rosters making it in, based upon their current condition.

Jim --

As Fuzz's original assistant, I haven't heard anything about any of these problems, which doesn't surprise me. During the original working of this project, Fuzz would sometimes message me in the middle of the night with questions like, "Do you know where in your body is the best place to inject absinthe?" or statements along the lines of, "At some point during the next decade, I'd like to replace both of my feet with pogo balls."

If you don't want to take this on, send the files to me and I'll give them a look through. Part of the problem on your end is that I think, and I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we only had two teams planned. That may account for some empty spaces.

I still need to finish those loading screens for the next TC release too. Crap.

--Eric

With the teams i think the plan was to replace Heroes and Legends and either the NL or AL all-star teams and a fourth 'EA Development' team to take the fourth spot - created players for this team already exist in the default EA Rosters anyway it's just a matter of compiling a line-up...

With the teams i think the plan was to replace Heroes and Legends and either the NL or AL all-star teams and a fourth 'EA Development' team to take the fourth spot - created players for this team already exist in the default EA Rosters anyway it's just a matter of compiling a line-up...

yeah i emailed jim about where the teams would go. nl,al and such.

Jim / Fuzz / World --

I got the files. My priorities now are these:

1. Finish my short story for fiction writing.

2. Figure out what the hell Thomas Carlyle is trying to say.

3. Find a photographer for my wedding.

4. Finish the loading screens for the next TC.

5. Forum Fanatics / Mod Squad

6. All-Time Fictional Film Team, aka the Back Burners.

--Eric

Yank --

I'm not sure yet, I haven't really looked at all the files. I still think the project is doable, but I won't be able to have a go at it until this weekend, probably. Damn that Carlyle!

--Eric

• 1 month later...

Jim / Fuzz / World --

I got the files. My priorities now are these:

1. Finish my short story for fiction writing.

2. Figure out what the hell Thomas Carlyle is trying to say.

3. Find a photographer for my wedding.

4. Finish the loading screens for the next TC.

5. Forum Fanatics / Mod Squad

6. All-Time Fictional Film Team, aka the Back Burners.

--Eric

1. Done. And copyrighted.

2. Still not too sure on this one. Don't think Carlyle knew. Giving up.

3. Done.

4. Done.

5. Okay...let's get the party started.

--Eric

I dunno. I figured I'd give it another try and shop it out to MLB06 and TC6, if such a thing exists. I've got all the files from the last try, and I might be able to pester people to fill up the rosters.

I'm going to develop a battle plan this week. On Sunday night, I hope to have a good idea of how to get this done.

--Eric

Step 1 was figuring out what to do with them if I did make them.

If we can get this worked out, the FF-MS mod will see the light of day in the form of Total Classics 6.

Step 2 involves re-evaluating the team rosters and dropping some of the dead weight.

Step 3 involves taking summary of the information that we do have.

Step 4 involves pressuring those who haven't submitted information to do so. Barring that, the information will be painstakingly created.

Step 5: profit.

Fuzz: Do you have a deadline for me to have these things completed by?

--Eric

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a problem with me finishing these teams?

I would like to replace the heros/legend teams for the 06 project with these teams

here is the info I need

need1ym.png

plus you favorite player, does not have to be a current player.

But if you are a pitcher pick a pitcher and if you are in the field do NOT pick a pitcher

Here are the names that came to me, and I'm absent minded so if I forgot some people speak up. If some of these people should not be listed speak up. I have not really kept up with the modders/posters in the last 6 months

Mod Squad

01. Trues

02. Fuzz

03. Totte

04. Krawhitham

05. KC

06. Hory

07. Umachines

08. RGlass95

09. Olyrunner

10. Big Bully

11. Pirate

12. tywiggins

13. Uncle Mo

14. Mosser

15. MaddiesDaddy

16. The Big O

17. Jogar84

18. boricuapapi1885

19. SwinginSoriano

20. RAM

21. Thome25

22. Paul W

23. Sean O

24. Stecropper

25. Tony3

Forum Fanatic

01. Yankee4Life

02. MarkB

03. five

04. JoeRudi26

05. tebjr

06. snepp

07. Kriegz (tribetime)

08. NYM06

09. RonBurgundy?? what was old name

10. big shmooz

11. cybernetic

12. carter

13. cloutier_39

14. gameguy493

15. Spivey11

16. Snash13

17. Thug4Life

18. WhoisKarimGarcia

19. gcurrier2004

20. kgbaseball

21. AstroEric

22. Friedman

23. djeagles11

24. JoeyMcM93

25. DUnit1590

BTW these people will become unlockable with mypoints

Name: David Eagles

1st Position: 2B

2nd Position: SS

Bats: Switch

Throws: Right

Numeber: 8

Birthday: June .05, 1975

Height: 71

Weight:208

Bone Profile: average

Body Type: Stocky

Skin Type: Light

Hair Style: None

Hair Colour: Black

Facial Hair: Full Goatee

Batting Stance: ken Griffey Jr.

Swing Style: Doesn't Matter.

Ditty: Rock

Bat Colour: Black

Glove Colour: Light Brown

Catcher's Mask: Normal

Batting Glove: Team Colours(?)

Wristband: None

Elbow Guard: Black Plastic

Shin Guard: Black Plastic

Socks: Low

Favorite Player: Joe Carter, Kelly Gruber, Roberto Alomar

Kraw, I also have a prety decent cyberface that Cocobee made me, dunno if you want them also.

DUH, my bad

if you are a pitcher what delivery style do you want

These teams will be a part of 06, but 2 .met files will also be released

note

when importing the MET files the player will not be unlockable, that is something that needs to be manually edited on the rosters

Name: Kris Gilson

1st Position: RP (preferrably closer)

2nd Position: P

Bats: Left

Number: 5

Birthday: 2/5/1987

Height: 79

Weight: 230

Bone Profile: average

Body Type: Athletic Big Legs

Skin Tone: 2

Hair Style: 4

Hair Colour: Brown

Facial Hair: Barbiche

Batting Stance: Generic

Swing Style: 2 One Hand

Ditty: Hard Rock

Bat Colour: Black

Glove Colour: Black

Catcher's Mask: Normal

Batting Glove: Yes

Wristband: None

Elbow Guard: None

Shin Guard: None

Socks: High

Pitching

Fastball, Slider, Curveball, Changeup

Favorite Player: Randy Johnson

Wow. I MADE THE TEAM!!! I'm so happy. OK here's my info Kraw:

Name: Joey McMurry

First Position: Catcher

Second Position: Utility

Bats: Right

Number: 9

Birthday: 1-19-93

Height: 75

Weight: 210

Bone Profile: Athletic

Body Type: Average

Skin Tone: 1

Hair Style: 5

Hair Color: Brown

Facial Hair: Mustache No Ridge

Batting Stance: Magglio Ordonez

Swing Type: 2 one hand

Ditty: Heavy Rock

Bat Color: Light/Black

Glove Color: Black

Cathcer's Mask: Hockey

Batting Gloves: Yes

Wristband: Normal Both

Elbow Guard: Black Pad

Shin Guard: Black

Socks: High

Also kraw, Face # 905 is the one for me. I have my self made and I can send you the .mep file if you wish.

Archived