possible MVPedit fixes & upgrades

krawhitham

This is great!!!! It seems to work fine. I will keep playing around with it but I can now go through MVP Edit with a full set of portraits and cyberfaces without getting error messages.

Think there is any chance you can now move on to figuring out how to allow more cyberfaces in the game? :)

btw how it works

Rglass used gfxpak to pull and put back files in the portraits & models.big files

As we know gfxpak has a 3000 file limit, but rglass was nice enough to use batch files to extract and put back the files

here is rglasses batch file to unpack a portrait

%3 -u %1 %2.fsh

%4 %2.fsh
%1 = portrait.big %2 = player audio/photoID %3 = gfxpak %4 = fshtool so here is what the batch file was really doing
gfxpak -u portrait.big XXXX.fsh

fshtool XXXX.fsh
the XXXX stands for whatever player you are looking at in MVPedit %1 - %4 can not be changed, it comes from the MVPedit program itself, only rglass can change thoose values (he has the source code for MVPedit) IMPbig does not have a file limit program here is the command to extract a file from a BIG archive using IMPbig
impbig /e archive.big XXXX.fsh XXXX.fsh
so here is how to do that with Rglass' preset variables, Here is my new batch file
ImpBIG.exe /e %1 %2.fsh %2.fsh

%4 %2.fsh
for the face unpacker batch file here is rglass'
%3 -u %1 %2.fsh %2.ord %2.orl

%4 %2.fsh
the varibles are almost the same but for this batch file %1 = models.big here what really happenes
gfxpak -u models.big cXXX.fsh cXXX.ord cXXX.orl

fshtool cXXX.fsh
here is how to do that with impbig
ImpBIG.exe /e %1 %2.fsh %2.fsh

ImpBIG.exe /e %1 %2.ord %2.ord

ImpBIG.exe /e %1 %2.orl %2.orl

%4 %2.fsh
now IMPbig does not allow for deleting files inside BIG archive for that I'm using EAzip here is MVPedit's batch to delete a file
%3 -d %1 %2.fsh
which is
gfxpak -d portrait.big XXXX.fsh
my work around
eazip -s -d %1 %2.fsh

del %1.bak

the 2nd line is because EAzip makes a backup of your portraits.big file, the 2nd line delete that file

deleting files will be slower than before because it is making like a 200MB backup file

Think there is any chance you can now move on to figuring out how to allow more cyberfaces in the game? :)

Already been down that lonely road

faces HAVE to be 4 character long

they HAVE to start with a "C"

the other 3 characters have to be #'s

901-915 is reserved by the game for generic faces

I forget what happens when you try #'s above 915 but I'm 99.999% sure it did not work

Hey Kraw, what makes the pics load in faster now? Before it took them a few seconds to load. Now as soon as I click on a player, the portrait is there.

I feel stupid for asking this and I've tried searching the fourms for guidance but how do I get my portraits to show up in MVPedit after exporting the newly downloaded .bat-files there?

tools -> options ->

make sure

Show Player Portrait (slower)

&

Show Player Faces (slower)

are checked.

also make sure the MVP Baseball Data Directory is set right

mvpeditsettings8ad.gif

Thanks mate!

I missed out on the mvp2005/data folder thing. I had it set to data/database 'cause of all the roster work I'm doing...

Thanks again :)

I didn't test your file but when I do what you told Totte to do so MVPedit can show the portraits, I get a gfxpak.exe error and it closes the options window and takes me back to the main MVPedit window. I set it to the right directory but the error appears... What is going wrong and how can I fix it?

Again, this isn't a problem with your file. It's something I tried because you told Totte to so I did myself. I didn't try your files, I did it with the original files intact.

I have edited the main EXE, so it will import 2X portraits & 2X faces

the draw back is that it is hard coded in the EXE, you would have to run one EXE if you wish to import either a 1x portrait or 1x face, and a different EXE to import 2X faces or 2X portraits.

plus I do not know if Rglass will allow his exe to be uploaded here, but I guess I could make it a patch

who wants to be the guinea pig that tests it, all I can say is that it is working for me

Kraw, is this file still available? When I try to download it from the link you provided I get a diagnostic error and it says the archive is either an ubknown file or corrupted...and the RAR is empty.......

Archived