Issues with FSH & Oedit

TheMadcap

Well I figured that I'd take a stab at creating my own cyberface with oedit. I went through what I am guessing is the normal routine; downloaded Jogar's tutorial, intalled everything & got to work.

Problem that I am having (sorry but I don't know how to take a picture) is after I get the face edited & import it into oedit it sits sideways on the head model & has two faces, one to either side of the nose with the sideburns meeting right at the nose creating a brown strip right down the middle of the should-be face. I have searched long and hard here on the forums without any luck. I even loaded up an already made cyberface, converted it to .bmp & loaded it into oedit & I still get the same results. I am really excited to get into cyberfaces & I think that I may be pretty good with them once I get some practice but this has got me bummed. Can anyone help?

Ok. I figured out what the deal was. I was using the wrong .ord & .orl files. I got that fixed. My main problem now is with FSH. Whenever I go to load my .bmp to convert it back into an .fsh file I get an error message saying "streamload error". Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Hey xiberger. thanks for that, it worked. I am now getting a ctd when I try to load a game with that player so I am going to give the whole process another go tonight. Thanks again. BTW, how in the hell did you ever figure that one out?

Did you compress all the files? Because uncompressed cyberfaces cause the game to crash.

As for the "stream read error" issue of FshEd, I was just fooling around with a bunch of files when I found out it had something to do with the resolution of the images. The entire process of modding can be summarized with two words, "Trial and Error"! 8)

Archived