Ebbet's Field and Classic Yankee Updates

paulw

FYI - I've been working on Ebbets Field and Classic Yankee a bit focusing on lighting and textures. I think I'm getting closer. I'm trying to make these look "real". Yankee also has a completely reworked leftfield background. My last one was absolutely grotesque :oops:

Here's a couple of pics:

yankee6.jpg

ebbets_day.jpg

The lighting turned out slightly better in Ebbets I think. Stay tuned...

paulw = Greatest Stadium Modder Ever.

I have recently been looking at your work and i am blown away. I have never paid much attention to them because i don't play with classic teams. But I say, these are pieces of art. The most beautiful videogame creation i have ever seen. Amazing work sir.

Thanks very much for the compliment...but there's a lot of other modders out there superior to me. Also, I've gotten help from some great guys like Hyman and SeanO. I'll always think of Hyman as my OEdit guru.

Looks great Paul, I wish I had the time to do some surgery on the corners of Ebbets that are still from Forbes. In my ill-fated modified version, I just hacked off the last triangular-shaped section of the right-field upper deck from the aisle, and it really helped remove the Forbes-ness of the park. The biggest change I would like to make if I had time would be to increase the height of the upper deck and the angle of the seating, since the Ebbets rows were quite steep. But, who knows if that'll ever happen.

great work.

I wish I had the patience that you and BigO have shown in the graphics side of things. Your graphics stand apart from everyone else. Sean and I and I guess Hyman though I am not familiar with his work have Oedit down. You and Sean are so creative with these older stadiums it's just amazing.

Looks great Paul, I wish I had the time to do some surgery on the corners of Ebbets that are still from Forbes. In my ill-fated modified version, I just hacked off the last triangular-shaped section of the right-field upper deck from the aisle, and it really helped remove the Forbes-ness of the park. The biggest change I would like to make if I had time would be to increase the height of the upper deck and the angle of the seating, since the Ebbets rows were quite steep. But, who knows if that'll ever happen.

great work.

Hi SeanO - I was just looking at that upper deck in left last night after I cleared it with a Joe Adcock blast of only 412 feet. No one ever cleared the roof in Ebbets and only a couple ever even put it on the roof (Adcock did it twice). It's just way too small. I really want to make it bigger. What I'm enjoying right now is the lighting - from certain angles it "almost" looks real.

What I'd like to do is figure out the secondary collision detection so balls aren't going through it but i think that's a pipe dream. I just need to get myself motivated enough to dig in.

One thing - do you still have your aborted Ebbets? I can import data from there into the new one using rhino points. I remember you had the height done very well. You've got my email. This could work.

• 4 weeks later...

Duke Snyder one deep with the ball bouncing at the STADLERS sign in left and the ball went through the wall about 2 ft. from the base at the red and black sign color separation. Poor Mickey and Roger could do nothing as the Duke rounded the bases for an inside the parker.

This is the latest version of Ebbets.

http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e...oughwall8xn.jpg

Archived