TV advice needed

krawhitham

I woke up, turned the TV on and it cracked and poped and turned itselft back off. Turned it back on and the colors are WAY off and it is blury as hell. SO I need a new TV

here is what I've looked at so far

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1089890510180

Sony 51" Hi-Scan 1080i CRT Rear-Projection HDTV

16:9 widescreen aspect ratio, 4 viewing modes and auto 16:9 enhanced mode 	

CineMotion reverse 3-2 pulldown for accurate reproduction of film-based sources

Hi-Scan 1080i display provides the highest-quality interlaced picture possible from a high-definition source

DRC (Digital Reality Creation) multifunction circuitry upgrades standard 480i signals, providing a near-high-definition-quality picture from standard video signals

HD Detailer wide-band video amplifier sends more video information to the screen for finer picture quality

HD MICROFOCUS CRT and lens system sharpens focus, increases contrast and brightens images for a stunning picture clarity

Other advanced image enhancement technologies include Dynamic Focus circuitry, Dynamic Picture Processor circuitry, auto/manual Flash Focus convergence, auto white balance, Trinitone color temperature and more

3D digital comb filter brings out fine picture detail and enhances color purity

Twin View 2-tuner picture-and-picture and Multi-Image Driver X circuitry allow you to watch analog and HD sources side by side

DVI-HDTV interface accepts a high-definition connection from your cable or satellite company for true HDTV

HDMI input provides an uncompressed all-digital audio/video link for the highest-quality connection, and supports copy-protected HD broadcast content

CableCARD slot allows optional access to analog, digital and premium cable and HDTV without the need for a set-top box (where available — contact your local cable company for more information)

Inputs: 2 component video, 4 composite (1 front), 3 S-video (1 front), 2 RF, 1 DVI, 1 HDMI, 1 Control S

Outputs: 1 audio (variable/fixed), 1 Dolby Digital optical, 1 monitor

4 speaker system with SRS TruSurround, BBE audio effect; Steady Sound evens out volume fluctuations

V-Chip parental controls keep children from being exposed to undesirable material

ENERGY STAR compliance assures a high standard of energy efficiency

Other convenient features include trilingual (English, French, Spanish) on-screen display, Speed Surf channel selection, picture freeze, picture jump, channel fix, channel label, channel skip/add and more

you guys know of anything better for about 2 grand?

Hey Kraw - I have a 44" Zenith that I bought at BestBuy. One thing to be aware of - you CAN talk them down on prices! Another thing, I found a forum online that you can read a lot of reviews on tv's...I'll have to get the link when I go home for lunch

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of TV's, I'm looking to buying an HDTV of my own, the price...around $500. I don't need it to be flashy or cook my dinner or greet me, lol, but I'd like to find an HD capable TV for that price.

Speaking of TV's, I'm looking to buying an HDTV of my own, the price...around $500. I don't need it to be flashy or cook my dinner or greet me, lol, but I'd like to find an HD capable TV for that price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1099392081898

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1099396991085

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1097582050451

My TV broke yesterday. :cry: A pine tree fell across the street, hit the power lines, yanked the power line out of our house (and a piece of molding as well), and the TV broke. I don't know how, I don't know why, but it doesn't work.

My TV broke yesterday. :cry: A pine tree fell across the street, hit the power lines, yanked the power line out of our house (and a piece of molding as well), and the TV broke. I don't know how, I don't know why, but it doesn't work.

Does it not turn on anymore or does it look funny when it is on? If it doesn't even turn on, it might have a blown fuse which you can fix with a $5 fuse from Radio Shack and a soldering gun. That's what happened with my old tube TV, and I was afraid I was going to have to replace it. But it ended up costing less than $10 to fix.

Archived