Transfering game files from one PC to another

Yankee4Life

Ok, here's my question. On one PC I have, I have Mvp 2005 on it and I have every modded stadium in that game, all of Hory's portraits, KC's 2X uniforms and uniforms I imported via Fuzz's studio from fizzjob and sandman. That's what I have there.

Now, I recently got a new laptop. I installed Mvp 2005 on the laptop. I don't want to take the time and install everything I have on the first PC over to the laptop. Is it possible for me to copy the portraits.big and models.big and that would give me everything I have on the first computer over on the laptop? Or am I missing something?

Ok, here's my question. On one PC I have, I have Mvp 2005 on it and I have every modded stadium in that game, all of Hory's portraits, KC's 2X uniforms and uniforms I imported via Fuzz's studio from fizzjob and sandman. That's what I have there.

Is it possible for me to copy the portraits.big and models.big and that would give me everything I have on the first computer over on the laptop? Or am I missing something?

Yes that will work as long as the roster U have matches with the modesl.big U are using. So folder database need to be copy as well. As for modded stadium U will have to copy the whole PC stadium folder & transfer or overwrite the folder in your laptop.

It would probably save time if you just copied the whole MVP Baseball 2005data directory to the laptop, rather than selecting the files etc. Then, just overwrite the existing files on the laptop and you should have 2 installs, exactly the same, on the PC and the laptop.

Oh, and don't forget the My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005 folder for your controller configurations and saved games. And if you had to make any registry changes to get the controller to work, take a note of them, too. :)

Like mark b said you can just copy your files, burn them to a disk and overwrite the files on your laptop. For smaller files you might also try e-mailing them to yourself. Open the e-mail on your laptop and then overwrite your files.

• 4 months later...

Hey, found this thread using the search function! (I'm a noob that actually uses it.)

Question: What file is created when you SAVE a season or dynasty? I have the same situation as Yankee4life in that I just got a laptop, and I'd like to take my season/dynasty on the road with me. Assuming the installs (+exact same mods) are on both desktop and laptop, how would I make this work?

Hey, found this thread using the search function! (I'm a noob that actually uses it.)

Question: What file is created when you SAVE a season or dynasty? I have the same situation as Yankee4life in that I just got a laptop, and I'd like to take my season/dynasty on the road with me. Assuming the installs (+exact same mods) are on both desktop and laptop, how would I make this work?

Welcome to the Site, NCMALEN!

Archived