Patch 5 Owner mode save crash fix

Tony3

A couple of new managers (Joe Maddon, Jim Leyland, Grady Little,...) are assigned vaule 0 of column "19 manager_reallife" for manager.dat file of Patch 5, which causes owner mode save to crash.

Just manually edited all these values to 1 for any new real life managers of your manager.dat file.

Enjoy 8)

• 7 months later...

I tried modifying the manager.dat file in the manner suggested. The good news is that the game doesn't crash when saving in owner mode now. The bad news is the game fails to launch at all. MVP 2005 crashes upon showing the splash screen after double clicking the desktop icon now.

• 2 months later...

A couple of new managers (Joe Maddon, Jim Leyland, Grady Little,...) are assigned vaule 0 of column "19 manager_reallife" for manager.dat file of Patch 5, which causes owner mode save to crash.

Just manually edited all these values to 1 for any new real life managers of your manager.dat file.

Enjoy 8)

I've done as suggested for my game as well, but it does not seem to resolve the problem.

*on edit* Correction, it appears I was indeed mistaken, and apparently missed one of the managers. It wasn't until I changed my notepad font to size 8 that I noticed where I missed. This worked and fixed my problem for patch #5. It let me get to the option to save Owner mode.

Great work by those who found this solution!

• 1 year later...

Archived