Super Bowl Reaction Thread

Sean O

Man, did that game suck, or did it suck? One, the refs completely gave everything to the Steelers, even seemingly inventing phantom calls, not to mention the insanity of the first touchdown. Two, just boring all around, and utterly uninteresting for the objective fan.

Kind of a shame, but the most important thing, this is the last hurdle before we get baseball back! 11 days to P+C!

game was kinda boring, looked like the refs gave some calls to the steelers at times, officating was lackluster.

and yes, the super bowl means that baseball is just around the corner. those players will be down here before you know it, fanfests are this coming weekend for most teams, and pitchers and catchers report in less than two weeks. man, baseball is just so close....

chipper jones, lifelong steeler fan is probaly making a rukus etheir in detroit or at home and celebrating the win. i bet he will be rubbing it in everyone's faces come spring training, mabye this will be a breakout year for chipper...

Every single Patriot super bowl in their dynasty could be argued as more interesting than this one. Even though the Steelers got off to a slow start they eventually got things going again , and with the aid of referee calls or not the Steelers deserved to win that game. They were the better team , after all they did beat 3 great opponents (one of them predicted to go undefeated / win it all) whereas Seattle only beat 2 opponents and one of them had a non-existant offense.

This being said , this game did not live up to the hype at all. The commercials were average , the halftime entertainment was so-so , and the game was so-so since Pittsburgh basically pulled away in the 2nd half. Still , I'm happy for Cowher , who was always criticized for "not winning the big one" , plus his poor AFC championship record. Now he can join Roy Williams and Mack Brown in the club of great coaches who have finally won one. Congratulations , Steelers fans.

(now to see how many steelers jerseys / sweatshirts appear on campus tommorow)

Every single Patriot super bowl in their dynasty could be argued as more interesting than this one. Even though the Steelers got off to a slow start they eventually got things going again , and with the aid of referee calls or not the Steelers deserved to win that game. They were the better team , after all they did beat 3 great opponents (one of them predicted to go undefeated / win it all)

Agreed, except Peyton Manning will never win a Super Bowl (and by the fluke chance that he does, you can all rub it in my face)

All this pales in comparison to the *marvelous* half-time show put on by the Rolling (tomb) Stones. 2 big questions:

Did they sing "You make a dead man cum" in "Start me up". I think I heard gradnpa Mickey say it (like it is on the original recording) but there was a microphone malfunction.

Someone told me today that one of the Rolling Stone Age pulled a hammy during the first song and limped around the rest of the "concert". Anyone hear anything on this? If so, who did it.

I personally think that either Matt Hasselbeck or Mike Holmgren is stupid. I don't think it's Holmgren he is one of the best coaches in the league. First off, Matt Hasslebeck was audibling every single play. Also after he spiked the ball in the 4th they should've kicked the field goal, they were only 20 yards out! they could've made it easily, kicked the onside, and if they got it, then it is a whole new game, but no, they had to try for the endzone. not only that, but hassle beck didn't even throw it past the line of scrimmage. I think that later it will be discovered that he threw the game. hasslebeck doesn't play like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny Seems everyone forgets the 95 Super Bowl.

Pittsburgh Clearly out-played the Cowboys. But Neil Odonnell kept throwing the ball to the cowboys.. I remember reading in USA today the next month where the cowboys would be getting their Sb paychecks the writer wonder if the Odonnell family would be getting a check too..!

I never thought football could be fixed until that year..

Im a Steelers fan BigTime But I think Seattle got screwed..

Archived