Cheap Homerun Locations

Sean O

Hey all-

Was thinking about a few cheap homeruns I've had over the past few weeks. the most annoying was my CAP dynasty, with a 3-0 lead and a runner on, I gave up a 325' homer at Petco. That was bad enough, but it was only a homer because of that stupid protuberance right on the right field line, as it wouldn't have been out anywhere else.

For homers that benefitted me, the best was probably at paulw's Classic Yankee, where my #9 batter hit a line drive (without stick movement, mind you) about 305' down the left field line, over the short fence. The ball barely made it as high as the front row of the second deck, and was so cheap I can't even begin to describe. At any park but Griffith and Wrigley it's a single, so I can't believe I got a round tripper out of it.

Then there was the all-star game I played right before Pirate's Comerica mod where Manny cranked one in those stupid cubby holes they used to have that dipped below the normal fence height. Probably the funniest homer I ever had.

I would love to know if someone managed to get a chip shot homer right over the wall at Fenway in right field, where a 302' line drive can easily go out.

those Crawford seats in Houston are pretty cheap.... and there are ALOT of cheap fly ball homeruns down the RF line at Yankee stadium.... Randy Johnson on my Yankees gives up these cheap fly ball HR's to right handed batters hitting it to the opposite field all of the time....

I would love to know if someone managed to get a chip shot homer right over the wall at Fenway in right field, where a 302' line drive can easily go out.

I hit these in Big O's Fenway everytime I'm there. Line drives. It's cheaper than the Crawford Boxes, at least in the game, but no one complains about it as much.

--Eric

i hit a homerun in wrigley fireld that bounced out of the basket and back on to the field and under the ivy it said homerun it went through the homerun celebration but when the ball went in the ivy it changed to a ground rule double and returned my runner back yo second

I have occasionally hit a cheap dinger at Minute Maid, but I'll take 'em as I get 'em. Oh yes and quite a few fly outs have gone into the porch in Petco.

"Deep fly ball down the right field line... is the porch open? Yes! You can hang a star on that one baby!"

Archived