Question for Roster Makers

DarkEnigma510

For pitchers, there are three main rating: velocity, control and movement.

I am wondering when modeling a pitcher who has declined from the previous year, if "movement" is the best way to affect that change given that his fastball and other pitches have similar velocity? In other words, in your experiences, is "movement" the most influencial rating in determining how a pitcher performs in the game?

EDIT: Although for fastballs and changeups, I imagine that velocity has more to do with effectiveness than movement.

• 2 years later...

It's pure control, here MVP lacks a bit, but if you want an strikeout pitcher, you will have to rise control for the "out pitch"... a good strikeout pitcher with poor control is impossible to create here. Same for just finesse pitchers.

yeah the game really doesn't account for the velocity of the pitch very well. I was playing around one day created a pitcher that threw as fast as the game would allow it (i think topped out around 200 mph), anyway it was so fast that whenever I threw it, it was to fast for the catcher to catch, there was a passed ball on pretty much every pitch (even strikes) yet the other team was still hitting the ball, and hitting it well i think i even gave up a home run

Archived