My second try at cyberfaces

AstroEric

After avoiding them for awhile because of the headaches they caused me, I've returned again to trying cyberfaces. I probably won't ever be as good as folks like Jogar, but here's my go at it:

First up, my worst one...this one still requires either some O-Editing or a different headmodel, but it's Kevin Costner, for a mod pack that I'm working on:

costner1va.th.jpg

Second, it always bothered me that Morgan Ensberg looked like he had a leprosy rash in the game, so I whipped this one up to replace his standard face:

ensberg4xa.th.jpg

Last, but not least, one of the journeymen of baseball, a former Astro, now this year an SF Giant, Jose Vizcaino:

vizcaino2zi.th.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, and especially tell me what I can do to improve.

--Eric

Yeah, Kevin Costner the actor. For the All-Time Fictional Film team that I said I'd do. I figured if anybody should get a face, it should be Costner, as he appears at least twice on the team. That's him just slapped straight onto a Mark Prior head. I probably should try to put him on Adam Everett, what with the big ears and triangular face.

I'm going to try to work up a pack of Astros left-outs and prospects. Then, maybe some Reds or Jays. Who knows?

What I need is more critiques!

--Eric

Kraw - I've got that one, it's what I made the texture from. But I need corroborating pictures of the side of his head, the profile of his nose, etc. All I've been able to tell from the little pictures I've found is that his face seems to melt into his neck without much chin at all.

--Eric

• 2 weeks later...

This is the most recent cyberface thread I could find, so I figure I'll post in here. From the Cards website:

"Bits and pieces: The Cardinals will have their photos taken on Wednesday, as well as three-dimensional "headscans" for video games. ... "

I assume this has been done before, or is this something groundbreaking for video games in general (i.e. faces usually created from 2D pics)? Would be nice to get a hold of for MVP 06...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived