Park Design Competition

Sean O

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too late to enter this? I am going to Ohio State for Architecture starting in September, so this would be a good way for me to showcase my work.

Couple questions though:

a. We need a birds-eye view, a profile, and was there a third view?

2. I read somewhere that this needs to be to scale, as far as the field dimensions go. I assume thats only for the infield?

4. How soon does this need to be in by?

c. How detailed are we talking about here as far as the drawings go? Do you need measurements?

6. Can I knock over any building to build this sucker on?

Thanks!

You can enter any time up until April 1st, which we'll set as the final deadline. I want to make sure everyone has enough time to work on it, so this seems fair.

a. Plan, Section or Side Elevation would be best, if you want a 3d-view or a detail of any aspect, you're welcome to.

2). Obviously in scale is best, but it's not a requirement. You just need to mark things like dimensions on your plan.

4). as mentioned above.

c. The more detailed the better, but I'm looking for the best ideas, rather than just flawless execution.

6. Within reason. No knocking over skyscrapers or other seemingly important buildings.

Glad you're here!

You can enter any time up until April 1st, which we'll set as the final deadline. I want to make sure everyone has enough time to work on it, so this seems fair.

a. Plan, Section or Side Elevation would be best, if you want a 3d-view or a detail of any aspect, you're welcome to.

2). Obviously in scale is best, but it's not a requirement. You just need to mark things like dimensions on your plan.

4). as mentioned above.

c. The more detailed the better, but I'm looking for the best ideas, rather than just flawless execution.

6. Within reason. No knocking over skyscrapers or other seemingly important buildings.

Glad you're here!

Sweet...I'm so stoked!

As long as your project is entered by the due date, you can enter.

1- Just give as many drawings as you pissibly can.

2- Just give the dimensions of the park.

4- I think it's March 14, you'll have to check.

6- Sure. Build it on water if u want!

Sean,

You've seen some of my parks at the blogspot Web Site. Which do you think would be the best to model a submission off of. I've got to fit some to a site and make some elevations, but which do you think might get the best response.

Looking forward to the contest,

schulzte

Hey Schultze!

Glad you stopped by. It's obviously up to you, and whatever you think will be the most interesting design, but I particularly like the Mets and Washington parks. I'd love to see what else you could put outside either of these parks to really represent the community it'll be in, and to really make them unique.

Either way, I'm sure it'll be great.

S

I put a link to the main contest page to my website. I got a big spike in hits to the site after Sean posted it on the forum here, so I hope everyone got to check it out. Again, it's www.stadiumdrawings.blogspot.com. It's got football & soccer stadiums and basketball & hockey arenas too.

TS

awesome, thanks Schultze.

I also contacted Clem, and it looks like he may enter the contest, which is really exciting. Looks like we've got some great people in on this!

I think we need a list of eligible teams/rumored MLB markets that are fair game:

EXISTING MLB MARKETS

Boston Red Sox -- Fenway Park (1912)

Chicago Cubs -- Wrigley Field (1914)

Florida Marlins -- Dolphins Stadium (1987)

Kansas City Royals -- Kaufman Stadium (1973)

Los Angeles Dodgers -- Dodger Stadium (1962)

Minnesota Twins -- Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome (1982)

New York Mets -- Shea Stadium (1964)

New York Yankees -- Yankee Stadium (1923, renovated 1976)

Oakland Athletics -- McAfee Coliseum (1968, renovated 1996)

Tampa Bay Devil Rays -- Tropicana Field (1990)

Toronto Blue Jays -- Rogers Centre (1989)

Washington Nationals -- RFK Stadium (1962)

POSSIBLE MLB MARKETS

Charlotte, NC

Las Vegas, NV

Meadowlands, NJ

Norfolk/Hampton Roads, VA

Oklahoma City, OK

Portland, OR

San Jose, CA

Hey, I'm a new member. The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim should also be eligible as they will possibly (likely?) leave Anaheim when they can activate their escape clause in 2017.

Archived