Retired Numbers

DustinTheWin

Is #9 officially retired? If so then whatever roster you have should not have that number.

Yup - #9 was Teddy Ballgame.

What I typically do is take a look at the teams in MVPEdit. I use the Sox in Dynasty Mode as well, so no 1, 4, 8, 9, or 27 on the team!

Yup - #9 was Teddy Ballgame.

What I typically do is take a look at the teams in MVPEdit. I use the Sox in Dynasty Mode as well, so no 1, 4, 8, 9, or 27 on the team!

So I guess the problem would be John Doe at AAA gets called up and he has one of those numbers?

So I guess the problem would be John Doe at AAA gets called up and he has one of those numbers?

Perhaps, but I don't concern myself too much with the minors. But you could do a quick scan of those in MVPEdit as well.

i've done that and it takes a really long time to do all the numbers and everything so i was wondering if one of the modders could create some thing that could make retired numbers unavailable to their each team and #42 all over the majors/minors retired

mariano rivera has #42. What i like about this game is how you can actually edit the numbers. I had All star baseball 2003 and you couldnt edit numbers, so arod had the #33 and matsui #52 after i traded and signed them respectively.

mariano rivera has #42. What i like about this game is how you can actually edit the numbers. I had All star baseball 2003 and you couldnt edit numbers, so arod had the #33 and matsui #52 after i traded and signed them respectively.

Only reason the league OKs that is because he was wearing it before they retired it. He was grandfathered in. He will be the last player to wear 42.

I remember because Davey Lopes was coaching first for the Pads at the time, and he wore 42, but he changed to 30 when they retired the number.

Archived