Pictures (cts...etc)

DustinTheWin

Is there a trick to changing the other screens on the game, for example the Main Menu? The main menu screen as we know transitions between 5 images or so, but I found one of the images (the Cubs player) if the 03be.fsh file. It was a size of 1024x1024. I tried replacing it with my own 1024x1024 image by following the same method as I did to change my CTS screen successfully. But the game crashed when it got to the Main Menu screen, so I must have done something wrong. Is there a trick for the Main Menu screen?

Is there a trick to changing the other screens on the game, for example the Main Menu? The main menu screen as we know transitions between 5 images or so, but I found one of the images (the Cubs player) if the 03be.fsh file. It was a size of 1024x1024. I tried replacing it with my own 1024x1024 image by following the same method as I did to change my CTS screen successfully. But the game crashed when it got to the Main Menu screen, so I must have done something wrong. Is there a trick for the Main Menu screen?
Actually the order and files for the Main Menu (for the MVP 06 mod anyways) is:

03be.fsh (Cubs)

03bf.fsh (Bonds)

03bg.fsh (Ichiro)

03bh.fsh (Griffey Reds bench)

So why can't I replace them the same way I did the CTS screen which was to:

Open the data/frontend/bkgnds.big file with BigGui

Export the 58bd.fsh file and then open it with EAGE

Using the EAGE import wizard to replace the 58bd.fsh CTS screen with my own bmp.

Import the new 58bd.fsh with BigGui and then use BigGui to compress the file.

That's what I did with my CTS screen, but how come that process doesn't work for the 03be.fsh file instead of the 58bd.fsh file. Is there something else I have to do? I thought that maybe my image dimensions weren't okay, but the image I'm replacing is 1024x1024 (that's the 03be.fsh file) and the image I'm trying to put it is that size.

Any help? Thanks.

Youre forgetting one of the most important things. You will need the program nFSHtool which I think you can find in the Files section. Once installed, drag the proper .fsh folder over the nfshtool icon, and a DOS screen will come up. Click ok, and you should have a folder called "xxxx" (whatever your .fsh file was called). Then replace the "0000.bmp" with the CTS .bmp that you want to use. Then, drag the index.fsh over the nfshtool, a DOS screen will come up, click ok. Then import the .fsh file back in with biggui. Remember to compress, and it should work fine. Hope I didnt forget anything. Good luck.

Youre forgetting one of the most important things. You will need the program nFSHtool which I think you can find in the Files section. Once installed, drag the proper .fsh folder over the nfshtool icon, and a DOS screen will come up. Click ok, and you should have a folder called "xxxx" (whatever your .fsh file was called). Then replace the "0000.bmp" with the CTS .bmp that you want to use. Then, drag the index.fsh over the nfshtool, a DOS screen will come up, click ok. Then import the .fsh file back in with biggui. Remember to compress, and it should work fine. Hope I didnt forget anything. Good luck.
That will help with my Main Menu screens? The CTS screens I haven't had to do that. Thanks, I'll try that tonight for sure!

That fixed my problem kgbaseball, thanks a lot for taking the time to help me. I do have one more problem now, the image in the main menu came out swished a little. What is the trick to getting the image to be the correct aspect? This is what it ended up looking like:

giles4mz.th.jpg

Thanks a lot!

CTS Screen edited out because it was too big for forum thread page standards.

rossmac7 wrote:

great CTS...That pic will never get old

Trust me, the first time the Red Sox get in a fight this year, I'm going to post these pictures all over the place just to see what you people say.

I can't believe something that is two years old still is not dropped.

CTS Screen edited out because it was too big for forum thread page standards.

rossmac7 wrote:

Trust me, the first time the Red Sox get in a fight this year, I'm going to post these pictures all over the place just to see what you people say.

I can't believe something that is two years old still is not dropped.

I agree it was 2 years ago, it happens. Get over it.

I like the Smoltz one alot.
yeah I like that one too, mainly because you can see more of him than the other players. I was kinda limited with what images I could find that were large enough.

Do smaller images, maybe around 512 pixels look pretty good on the screen you think?

I honestly couldn't tell you because I have never done this, but I will say I like these because it is a more upclose pic of the player.
it's a matter of taste, I would like for all the pics to be at least waste up on all the players like the Smoltzie one. The other ones worked out pretty good, but that Smoltz one was a good size I think. Thanks :)

Glad you figured it out. The Braves pictures look great.
One thing I can't figure out though, is how to resize the fsh file to a different dimension. I've downloaded some main menu screens before that the bmp inside the fsh file was 512x512 rather than the 1024x1024. But when I resize the bmp in EAGE, the nfshtool crashes on me when I try to use it.

Use fshtool.
That crashes too. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I am:

-Using EAGE to open a 03be.fsh file that is 1024x1024 pixels. In EAGE I Resample the bmp to 512x512. I then save.

Then when that's done, if I try to open the file with nfshtool or fshtool, I get an error. It will create the 03be folder with an index.fsh file in it, but it does not create the 0000.bmp file that I am suppose the replace with my 512x512 bmp that I want for the menu image.

Like I said, all this is working fine for the 1024x1024 images, but I just can't seem to make them 512x512 for the images that are too small to be 1024x1024. Thanks.

Archived