MVP Studio 2006 : Logo tools released

fuzzone

uploaded.

this tool was used to help with all the changing,creating,replacing of logos for the total classics project.

decided to finally upload it.

hope it helps speed up other modder projects.

--

fuzzaroo

if it's an alpha file, make sure it has the -a at the end of the file name like 0000-a.bmp

if it's a regular logo, make sure its the proper size that's be asked for and a bmp file, like 0000.bmp

if it's an alpha file, make sure it has the -a at the end of the file name like 0000-a.bmp

if it's a regular logo, make sure its the proper size that's be asked for and a bmp file, like 0000.bmp

Sorry for not understanding, but I don't know what an alpha image to load is. I have the first bmp image that I want to use, but the next step is logo alpha which is suppose to be the size 64x32. I don't understand what this is. Any help?

I have another question too I guess. When you move on to the next set of images and it says the logo should be a size like 64x32, do I just rescale my first image to that size and let it skew, or do I make a new 64x32 image of the logo I was using before, but just try and fit it within those constraints? I wasn't sure because the sample bmps were sometimes stretched or clipped. Thanks.

Sorry for not understanding, but I don't know what an alpha image to load is. I have the first bmp image that I want to use, but the next step is logo alpha which is suppose to be the size 64x32. I don't understand what this is. Any help?

An alpha image dictates the transparency of a logo. I'm guessing since this is a logo, you'd want to insert a completely white alpha bitmap so the entire image shows up and no parts are transparent.

An alpha image dictates the transparency of a logo. I'm guessing since this is a logo, you'd want to insert a completely white alpha bitmap so the entire image shows up and no parts are transparent.

ok, I can do that. Thanks.

sorry, i've been a bit pre-occupied ;)

if you need any help, let me know.

Thanks, hopefully I can figure it out. I want to replace the logos of one of the teams, probably the Nats, with the USA WBC logo. So I just make 7 logos similar to the ones you provide in the samples directory that comes with the mod, correct? Then I just load them and the alphas when the program asks for them, right? I can handle that.

One question, is there any way in the future that this program can allow me to change the logo of the 2 Historic teams and the 2 All-star teams? Thanks!

ok, the first time i ran the program it worked fine. Now for some reason when I go back to try uploading new logos I get a "run time error 53" when i hit the complete button....it stays on please wait for waaaay too long then i try clicking the please wait and get the error.

check your logos.big, right click on it and make sure it's not read only.

check the logos.big in your mvp 2005/data/frontend folder also and make sure its not read only.

where are u running the program from? what folder?

Thanks, hopefully I can figure it out. I want to replace the logos of one of the teams, probably the Nats, with the USA WBC logo. So I just make 7 logos similar to the ones you provide in the samples directory that comes with the mod, correct? Then I just load them and the alphas when the program asks for them, right? I can handle that.

One question, is there any way in the future that this program can allow me to change the logo of the 2 Historic teams and the 2 All-star teams? Thanks!

yup! follow the status window to make sure u've got the right bit color also.

The easyest way I find too make an alpha is like this. Open up a new screen in photoshop 64x32 and set the backround color to all black(0,0,0). Place a logo on it as a new layer (you might have to resize the logo using free transform) Now flatten the image and save it as one of the bmps(0000.bmp,0001.bmp or whatever)

NOW THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!

After you save it as a bmp DO NOT, AND I REPEAT DO NOT X OUT THE PICURE. this what you wanna do. Go to "Edit" then "Step backward". Now this will undo the flatting of the image. Now on the right in the box where the backround is and the logo is in its own layer, Right click on the logo box and "Set Transparentcy" This will outline the logo. Now go too paintbrush and select color white (255.255.255) and color in the logo thats outlined all white. Select retangle tool and right click on the image the transpaents should go off. Now you should have a perfect liner for the alpha. Now flatten the image again then grayscale it ("image" "Mode" "Grayscale". then save it as a 8bit bmp 0000-a, 0001-a or whatever. Now you have an alpha channel. Enjoy.

what I do is save my logo as bmp, then duplicate the logo layer increase brightness of the new layer to maximum and add a little white drop shadow to give the nice shading in game. Then save this as a greyscale bmp as above.

ok, I think the problem I'm having is because my alphas arnt in 8bit.... however photoshop is only allowing me to choose from 32,24,& 16bit.... 8 big greyed out. Anyone other way to change to 8bit? thanks

• 5 months later...

I can not view teams's logos. First of all, is this right... Selecting C:Program FilesEA SportsMVP Baseball 2005???????

select.jpg

Next, I click Toronto Blue Jays and then click on begin...

begin.jpg

Then, after clicking begin, it stays like this for ever and nothing comes up in the "status" box...

going.jpg

Am I doing everything right, and should it be working. What could be wrong???

what it could be is ur firewall is blocking the running a batch file scripts.

u might have, which is most likely, u chose to not run batch files at all (bat files) and that's why it's being stuck there.

windows is not letting you run bat files, check ur firewall/secruity windows options.

sorry it took so long for me to get back to u.

Just in case those who aren't aware, mvp studio uniform editor has been released.

it works out the 3000 file limit in the models.big and helps in adding,creating,and replacing uniforms.

Archived