House Rules When Playing

DarkEnigma510

Anyone use any "house rules" when playing MVP2005? By that I mean, these are little rules you set for yourself to make the game more challenging.

One of the things I do relates to free agency. In the off season, if one of my players is unhappy (based on the frowing face), I will "release" him basically mimicking like he is not happy and wants to test the free agency market. I tend to like this little house rule because it means I can't just sit stack my team forever because good players will moan about their playing time. Also, if my team does well, they will be happy and want top stay. If I do poorly, many will be unhappy and want to leave for free agency, just like in real life.

Another rule I have is that for players under 30, I either release them or resign them without negotiating. I treat this like an arbitrator has given me a ruling and now I can decide to either pay it or release the player. This gives me some financial contraints to play with.

One last rule I am thinking about implementing involves sending players of a certain age down the minors. For many players over a certain age, they are likely out of minor league options and have the ability to refuse an assignment to the minors. I don't know what rule I am going to set for myself but essentially what I would like to do is say that if I want to move a player of a certain age off my 25 man MLB roster, I basically have to release him because he would, in real life, be out of options and likely refuse an ssignment to the minors. This will prevent me from hoarding good players in AAA when in real life there is no way I would be able to keep that player.

Anyways, I love MVP2005 but there are limitations in the game and I think these rules make managing a dynasty more challenging.

My house rules vary, like when I want to demote a veteran into the minors, I can't, I release him instead. I try not to rip other teams off in trades, I purposely try to obtain players from the trading block.

Stuff like that.

To spend some of my MVP points I unlock some legends but I do not sign them, I let the other teams pick them up, makes for some kinda fantasy ball. Just on a side note Joe Morgan has been sitting there for months rotting on the FA list.

To spend some of my MVP points I unlock some legends but I do not sign them, I let the other teams pick them up, makes for some kinda fantasy ball. Just on a side note Joe Morgan has been sitting there for months rotting on the FA list.

That's because he's not clutch.

in my dynasty, if anyone is over like 33 and still in the minors, i cut him and let a younger kid play.

I kind of do the same thing. Except i cut the old guy in the minors at the end of the season.

Archived