Models.big set to READ only..files still coming unpacked

myk13

can someone help me out please? i know all about the whole read only thing but for some reason i have not made any mods and my models.big is set to read only..however every time i open it with BIGgui, files are still becoming uncompresed...any advice on this situation?

I have never heard something like this happen. You started with an uncorrupted models.big which you had in read only mode from the very beginning & your models.big decompresses just from looking at it in biggui?

yes..i start off with the uncorrupted models.big that is in your hardwork that you do for this...then i make 1 cyberface for a padre prospect... i used the checklist that you included and gave a diamondback single a player who had a face a generic one thru mvpedit and assigned my prospect that face... then i went to where the models.big file is, unchecked the read only put in the files for my prospect thru big gui, compressed everything then set it back to read only... ill play a game..open up BIGGui to check things out..file is still set to read only but a lot of files have become unpacked.

yes..i start off with the uncorrupted models.big that is in your hardwork that you do for this...then i make 1 cyberface for a padre prospect... i used the checklist that you included and gave a diamondback single a player who had a face a generic one thru mvpedit and assigned my prospect that face... then i went to where the models.big file is, unchecked the read only put in the files for my prospect thru big gui, compressed everything then set it back to read only... ill play a game..open up BIGGui to check things out..file is still set to read only but a lot of files have become unpacked.

That's why. You are using biggui. It's a terrible program for installing files. Someone else was having the same problem as you because he did the same thing. I will copy & paste what was written there for your benefit...

The person wrote:

"I just used biggui. I saw which ones were decompressed, selected them and then compressed them using biggui. The indians pack isn't giving me any trouble though, it's the faces I did after that ( a scott linebrink face and kevin mench). The thing that's strange though is that some faces can't be compressed anymore, even though I didn't touch those at all.

So I just used eagraph to install them and biggui to compress them."

This was my response....

Ok ... this is what I suspected from the beginning. You should not have used biggui at all. It's a terrible program when it comes to MVP 05. It corrupts the models.big file. This is what happened to you. You should have used eazip to compress your files & then use eagraph to install the files. All this info is in my second readme that comes with my download.

My advice is to either take the models.big you downloaded & start over. However this time compress the files you are looking to install with eazip & then install them with eagraph. Or... you might try to extract all your decompressed files using biggui to a folder & then compress them with eazip & reinstall those files with eagraph. The latter suggestion may work or it may not work. But you can try & see if it does. In the future I suggest never to use biggui to install or to compress files in MVP.

Hope this helps.

P.S. don't forget to always put the models.big in "read only" mode when not installing anything to it. Otherwise your models.big is likely to become corrupt again.

Archived